Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Prenatal Vitamins

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:01 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm 5 weeks pregnant.. with baby #4 and I'm wondering what you all take for prenatal vitamins?

My nausea is enough to keep me from getting everything i need right now so I'm wanting to do the best for this baby. in the past I've taken those Maturna Vitz.. and i really don't like them. I'm looking for a more natural vitamin suppliment... until i can start being able to eat better.

Thoughts?

Candice- Mom of 3 beautiful children! K (Jan 01) E (Feb 06) M (Oct 09) In Training to be a Post Partum Doula (Ancient Comfort Doula Services) I am a babywearer, a breastfeeder, a farm living, dog loving, spiritual being. I believe that all children have the right to WHOLE bodies, and free health care. I am Canadian who is spiritually married to a Funny, Sweet Frenchman whose cooking is food for the soul. My blog is 3 Kids Then Me  Check it out.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah4gandh
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM

BUMP!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM

IDK but just wanted to say congratulations!

JessiLauren
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

New Chapter and Rainbow light both make prenatals that are easy on the stomach. Have you tried B6 just by itself? It can really help with nausea.

Mrs.Salz
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I haven't used them but I've heard from several moms who like Rainbow Light.

Red raspberry leaf tea is also great for pregnancy and helps with the morning sickness.

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I love Rainbow Light Prenatal Petite  

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

fahmom
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Congratulations. I'm about 5 weeks and 6 days along as well. I am also breastfeeding my 18 month old and I have been taking Garden of Life Vitamin Code RAW Prenatal and Garden of Life Oceans Mom Prenatal DHA. I like them. Easy to swallow and the prenatal has ginger in it. Idk if it helps actually or not but I haven't had morning sickness as of yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyIslandGirls
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Oooh  I've heard good things about Rainbow Light and Garden of Life... I hadn't heard of the Oceans Mom DHA one though!!

illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Rainbow light.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyIslandGirls
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Wow! looked up Rainbow Light.. they have soo many varieties!!  A petite pill.. one with DHA... gah how does one choose?

MamaMandy4
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Have you tried Premama?

It just came out, it wasn't around for my first girl, and I felt so sick all the time, my niece actually got on them now and loves them. Apparently they are all-natural, and the best part is...they aren't pills!!! 

They put all the nutrients you need like iron, folic acid and DHA, in a flavorless powder that you mix into juices or breakfast smoothies. If you havent tried it, I would. I don't know the website, sorry, but just google it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)