Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

'if you're a stay at home mom why isn't your house spotless' thoughts

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM
  • 84 Replies
7 moms liked this

My job is stay at home MOM, not MAID. Thank you.

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM
18 moms liked this
If my DH job is to make money why isn't he a millionaire?
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Yeah I think people with perfect houses may be missing out on their kids and how much fun they are

peaches_04
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this
It depends on the age of the kids as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. I have 2 under 2 and people accuse me of being 'lazy' since my house is messy. Im always cooking, nursing, or fooding one of us! Not to mention my toddler needs interaction. Maybe when they're five I'll have time to vaccuum

Quoting peaches_04:

It depends on the age of the kids as well

SAHM927
by Lesly on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I clean throughout the entire day, and by the end of the day it is still a mess! Toddlers.. sheesh. I like SadieJames reply, so true!!
lifeforchrist
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. I have so much fun with my toddler. Why would I want to ignore her for 2 hours to mop the floors and scrub the tub

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Yeah I think people with perfect houses may be missing out on their kids and how much fun they are

SadieJames
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting SAHM927:

I clean throughout the entire day, and by the end of the day it is still a mess! Toddlers.. sheesh. I like SadieJames reply, so true!!

Thanks, I've had to tell my MIL this all too often : )
Precious333
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this

..........why is my house not spotless? BECAUSE I HAVE CHILDREN!!!!!

larissalarie
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM
3 moms liked this
Lol, while my house isn't "perfect", it's also always cleaned daily. I can assure you I treasure my children and enjoy them immensely. I couldn't relax to sleep if my house were a mess. How I see it is, I can keep up on cleaning throughout my day and hardly notice I'm doing it, or I can let it pile up for days on end until it becomes a huge chore that takes hours to tackle when it can't be ignored any longer. It's the same amount of work and effort weather you do it daily or once a month. Messes truly make me feel anxious and stressed and unable to enjoy my life, that doesn't mean I don't spend the vast majority of my day enjoying my kiddos. ACTUALLY, my kids think it's fun to help clean so it's just something else for us to do together!

OP, I personally don't understand how someone who stays home all day with the kids can't keep the house decently clean, bit I also know everyone approaches things differently :-)

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Quoting larissalarie:

I think decently clean is the operative phrase there : ) my MIL picks on why I don't move furniture and clean under it etc every day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)