Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Anyone else notice the change at McDonalds?

Posted by   + Show Post

Our McD's has the calories listed ON the fries and burgers wrappers and all over the signs.  My son was like mom I think this is strange, but personally I kinda like it.

WHat do you think? Do you think it will help people make healthier choices?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
Tree-Tree
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM
We don't eat there ever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM

that is cool!  i only every get their side salad because its crazy cheap (and the only thing i have eat...sigh) and always look at the little bag of dressing to check the carb count lol :)

1stpreggers
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM
It's been on everything they have here (Vegas ) for about a year I think . I just try to avoid McDonald's lol.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Well I guess its just new here because I asked the lady at the counter and shes said it was the first shipment of the fries bags that have the label

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Well it isnt realy a new change but it doesn't change my order there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I crave mcdoubles while pregnant, and I don't even *like* their burgers normally. It's strange.

Quoting SadieJames:

I haven't eaten there in eight years (the summer after my freshman year in college I swore it off). I have been craving a burger from there though that I'm blaming on my pregnancy. I haven't given in though!

I do know I look at the calorie counts on the menu at Panera Bread. I always get a salad so no biggie but its interesting to see some sandwiches are 1,200 calories!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
They should list ingredients. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM
No, it won't make anyone make better choices. The calories are listed on the menu, here. Still, the drive-thru is always slammed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ngelulu
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Quoting Tree-Tree:

We don't eat there ever

THIS
.sp4rkl3z.
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I haven't been there in a long time except went thru for a water the other day and saw the menu is totally different. Haven't seem the wrappers yet because we stopped eating meat. I bought some fries and they tasted like throw up. Crazy because I used to love their fries

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Well I guess its just new here because I asked the lady at the counter and shes said it was the first shipment of the fries bags that have the label

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I stopped drinking sodas in May and I tried a sip of Pepsi and sprite both of which were my drinks of choice and NOPE they tasted like crap!! I guess its just something that we crave and once we stop eatting/drinking it our tastes change

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

I haven't been there in a long time except went thru for a water the other day and saw the menu is totally different. Haven't seem the wrappers yet because we stopped eating meat. I bought some fries and they tasted like throw up. Crazy because I used to love their fries

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Itzgrl101
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Mcdonalds is evil. Period. Nothing they do could make me say anything nice about them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)