Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Anyone else notice the change at McDonalds?

Posted by   + Show Post

Our McD's has the calories listed ON the fries and burgers wrappers and all over the signs.  My son was like mom I think this is strange, but personally I kinda like it.

WHat do you think? Do you think it will help people make healthier choices?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
Itzgrl101
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Mcdonalds is evil. Period. Nothing they do could make me say anything nice about them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Australia has required that for awhile, thank goodness. We occasionally get something from a fast food place, and it's nice to see the information easily.

That said, I don't think it encourages people to make healthier choices. Australia is right behind America in their obesity rates (if they haven't surpassed America, yet). Sad.

sreichelt26
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I did, but I heard about it in a news article, so I expected it. I don't know that it'll necessarily make a difference. It doesn't stop me from getting what I want - and that applies to any restaurant (most of whom did this years ago).

peaches_04
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Im kind of mad at them bc they dont give you an option between fries or apples you get a smaller portion of each now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sp4rkl3z.
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM
I hear when you cut all the junk out your tastebuds heal. Interesting! I haven't had pop in 4 weeks and I had one tonight and it burned my throat. Too bad it was so delicious lol!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I stopped drinking sodas in May and I tried a sip of Pepsi and sprite both of which were my drinks of choice and NOPE they tasted like crap!! I guess its just something that we crave and once we stop eatting/drinking it our tastes change

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

I haven't been there in a long time except went thru for a water the other day and saw the menu is totally different. Haven't seem the wrappers yet because we stopped eating meat. I bought some fries and they tasted like throw up. Crazy because I used to love their fries

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Well I guess its just new here because I asked the lady at the counter and shes said it was the first shipment of the fries bags that have the label

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Well it isnt realy a new change but it doesn't change my order there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM
We actually went there the other day in between two appointments at two different hospitals. I HATE McDonalds!! Gag. But it was that or have a kid screaming for over an hour from being hungry. I did notice that on the menu and was surprised! I didn't know it was new because we never go there. I don't think people will care. I no longer like fast food at all, which is still crazy to me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM
http://science.slashdot.org/story/12/09/25/2330250/fast-food-logos-burned-into-pleasure-center-of-childrens-brains?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Slashdot%2Fslashdot+%28Slashdot%29

Interesting link, but I'm mobile and can't make clicky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM

We eat there maybe twice a month as a 'treat' for my oldest and I noticed that the ones we have started doing that some months ago. I heard there is suppost to be a law going into affect that all fast food and sit down resturants have to list the calories

H.I.S.
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I think that if you're going to McDonald's, you aren't there for healthier choices lol! But it is a good thing I suppose.

Lilypie - (VOWJ)

JMmama
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:05 AM
I noticed it. Or rather ODS noticed it. He is obsessed with nutrition labels. I love McDonald's. Shameful, I know.

El Pollo Loco has the calories right on the menu.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)