Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Anyone else notice the change at McDonalds?

Posted by   + Show Post

Our McD's has the calories listed ON the fries and burgers wrappers and all over the signs.  My son was like mom I think this is strange, but personally I kinda like it.

WHat do you think? Do you think it will help people make healthier choices?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
SadieJames
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Quoting sthflachk:

I won't give in! I drive past one when I go to the grocery store and it smells so gross. I have visions of this wonderful burger but that smell puts me off.
sthflachk
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Lol, exactly! Sometimes I stop for a coke and fries but that's it!!

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting sthflachk:

I won't give in! I drive past one when I go to the grocery store and it smells so gross. I have visions of this wonderful burger but that smell puts me off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thundersky
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Quoting taurusmom88:

I don't think the law is effective yet, but mcd's is doing a jump start on it. Make em look good I guess. Is it just calories or do they list fat and sodium too?

i think it is in CA. i have seen the colorie count posted on the menu in fast food restraunts and sit down plces for about 1-2 yrs now.

hisarmycowgirl
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I like it: it's good to know how much I have been eating, and now I don't have to ask anymore, haha

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Nikkole95
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I have not noticed. It may change some ppls minds or choices when they do eat there, but unfortunately I think for the ppl who choose that option irresponsibly (too often) it may not makemuch of a difference.

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I  haven't been there in a year. I think they are gross now. I started to eat morefruits and veggi's so I lost the taste for it. I sure did have it when I was pregnant tho. lol.

KelliW29
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM

That's great they're doing that.  We gave up McDonalds a couple of years ago when DS and DH got sick after eating there.

rachelrothchild
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't know.  I haven't been to McDonald's in ages.  I think most people would ignore it.  I mean, they aren't there to eat healthy.

chelseamcnorman
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I think anyone who's going to McDonald's has already made an unhealthy choice. 

Not to mention, the only thing that "changed" at McDonald's recently (due to this financially "inconvenient" health craze), is their "bottom line." They'll pretend to be "healthier" so that they can continue raking in trillions by poisoning the populace (only this time they'll be doing it with GMO oatmeal instead of fries, perhaps). 

maddiesmommy5
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I avoid that place like its the plague lol. My dd was introduced to it by her aunt when she was 4 I was not happy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN