Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Poll

Question: Which do you think is better?

Options:

At-Home Water Birth

Hospitalized Birth

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

Hi my name is Darian. I JUST found out I'm going to be a first time mommy. Is it crazy for me to want an at-home water birth? What are the riskd? The benefits? Pros'cons etc. I NEED HELP!!

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Replies (21-23):
mjrex87
by Mindy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

As long as you are not a high-risk pregnancy, you would be safer to birth at home than in a hospital. I forget the exact figures, but you increase your chances of unnecessary interventions a LOT just by walking through the hospital doors. Watch The Business of Being Born and More Business of Being Born. They're both on Netfilx. 

I had planned a home water birth but unfortunately my midwife can't legally deliver past 42 weeks, so I had DD in the hospital at 42w 1d. I hated being in the hospital.

amber710
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I am planning a midwife assisted water birth at a birthing center. It is kind of a compromise between the two options.

I think you are going to get biased votes and replies from this group on this matter. Because this is a natural parenting group, most of us would rather avoid hospital births. But there are other options if you are unsure about doing it at home. I had a really good experience with my first baby using a doula and midwife instead of an ob doctor and hospital.

CafeMom Tickers
louzannalady
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Oh, and here is the story of my second son's birth. It was a water birth. : ) 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117811/forums/read/17233714/My_second_sons_birth_caution_Very_rough_and_long

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN