Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

BLW question

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

DD is 7 months old and we're doing baby-led weaning. She only eats a tiny bit of food, not even every single day. Is there any reason, once a baby starts solids, that they need to eat some every day? We're going on a short trip in a couple of weeks and will be staying in a hotel so I won't really have the means to prepare her food. I suppose I could stop at the store and pick up an avocado or something simple that I could cut up when we go to my BIL's house. But I'm just wondering if that's even necessary. Thanks for your input. :-)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sreichelt26
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope! Breastmilk/formula is all a baby needs until a year. You can always offer her some of whatever you guys are eating, but not necessary :)

Autumn355
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I dont think so. From my understanding babies dont actually need solids until after a yr. Its just to kinda get them used to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjrex87
by Mindy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM
That's what I've been thinking, but then I started wondering if it would bother her tummy to not have solids for a few days since she's starting to get used to them. I doubt it since she only eats a small amount, but I figured I would get other opinions. :-)

Quoting Autumn355:

I dont think so. From my understanding babies dont actually need solids until after a yr. Its just to kinda get them used to it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. Take your vacation and nurse on demand like always. We skipped days here and there too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, she should be just fine!

You can also just give her a few bites of whatever is on your plate.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

No. Especially not in the first year. The first year is just for fun when it comes to food. 

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:23 AM

What others said.  As long as you plan to nurse on demand she likely won't even notice since you'll be in an entirely different environment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)