Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

does anyone have any good links about the dangers of soy and its effects on boys.

i was telling my dad about it and i want to show him a good link.

thanks

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Replies (11-15):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I knnow in France soy formula is illegal, there are almond milk alternatives there and goats milk too

jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I have to agree LOL

Quoting jellyphish:

I dont because I haven't seen a good study. Every study I've seen does not differentiate between gmo and non gmo, or discuss moderate amounts. so I take that info with a big fat grain of salt.

But I'm sure you can google and find it easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM
I have heard that too. i dont have links bur from my understanding is it causes your body to produce a lot of hormones.....i think mostly estrogen....and so too much is not good. Also its very processed and in EVERYTHING. So we try watch how much we intake. Have you read the gaps book? It has a section on soy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM
I do eat/ drink it but just don't do a lot. We switched over to mostly coconut milk alternatives. Sadly we can't do almond milk in my house or I'd get that. I don't prefer rice or coconut milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I am a firm believer that soy should never be consumed except when fermented. Mercola has great articles on it

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/09/18/soy-can-damage-your-health.aspx

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/13/soy-controversy-and-health-effects.aspx

you can go on his site and search 'soy' for more

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)