Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I made my first RS! It was super easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Replies (11-16):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Did you make sure to get RING SLING rings? there are different rings and some are not strong enough..learned this from  local friend who makes slings for a living

Autumn355
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM
No I didnt, but thats whats good about this RS, I can switch them easily:) ds doesnt really like being in this so I actually dont use it that long or often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Awesome! I made one like that too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM
You can get weight bearing metal rings from Home Depot or Lowes for $2. They are in the Hardware section and say "weight bearing to 200 lbs"

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Did you make sure to get RING SLING rings? there are different rings and some are not strong enough..learned this from  local friend who makes slings for a living

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM

YEP that works too!, just make sure they are one solid circle 

Quoting jconney80:

You can get weight bearing metal rings from Home Depot or Lowes for $2. They are in the Hardware section and say "weight bearing to 200 lbs"

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Kristin0728
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM
My ring sling was made for me. It had padding sewn into the edges for comfort and below the ring was a braid to prevent slipping, with another ring on the end about 1.5ft down from the other rings to get rid of the excess fabric and make for easy adjusting. Ring slings are GREAT
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN