Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

cloth diaper help!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM
  • 30 Replies

I wanna use cloth diapers, I am due in jan 21 with a girl :) Annabella Grace! My question is.. what good recomendations for cloth diapers do you have,what did you use brands what all will i need what are good cleaning products prefer Organic what is the best sprayer for cleaning before washing i wanna know everything about the cloth diapers Please and thanks

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Love the name Annabella Grace. bump

ashleyyoung
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Thankyou : )

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
If price is an issue, I would get 36 infant prefolds and 6-8 covers from cottonbabies.com with a size 1 snappi.

That'll last until you can buy one size diaper where you can usually last until potty training. On a budget, I like buying pocket diapers through co-ops, 24-36 would be a good stash.

I use homemade detergent. Usually any detergent without brighteners, softeners, etc in it will work. Usually you'll have to use ¼-⅓ of the normal amount that you use for clothes. You want to use the highest water setting. The wash routine is different for everyone, and you never really know until you get there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meg_003
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM

we are doing cloth as well.. we decided to go with g-diapers. check out their website! i'm putting in an order next week!! :)

ashleyyoung
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Thankyou i know nothing about cloth diapers but thought it would be a better idea for us! ill have to look that site up.

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:32 PM
We use fuzzibunz os pocket dipes. Love love love them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyyoung
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:32 PM

where do you get those?

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Oh, and buying used from sites like Spot's Corner, Diaperswappers, the cutie with cloth booties group's FSOT forum on cafemom.

A lot of WAHM in Cuties With Cloth Booties make excellent diapers, there are a few Congos on Hyena Cart. The Cuties Congo, Misfits, Boytique, Fluffity Fluff diapers is my personal favorite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyyoung
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:35 PM

ive heard of the fuzzibunz where can you buy those

ashleyyoung
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM

i will search all this! thankyou

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)