Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna use cloth diapers, I am due in jan 21 with a girl :) Annabella Grace! My question is.. what good recomendations for cloth diapers do you have,what did you use brands what all will i need what are good cleaning products prefer Organic what is the best sprayer for cleaning before washing i wanna know everything about the cloth diapers Please and thanks

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Oh and some cover manufacturers are switching from PUL to TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) because it seems to be more environmentally friendly. So if you get a diaper that is TPU (some Alvas, Rumparooz, Grovia) that's cool too. They are said to break down sooner but you should be able to use them to potty training, even through multiple children.

Some covers are nylon (bummis whisper wraps, gdiapers).They shouldn't be washed on hot & can be less repellent than PUL/TPU. They are more breathable though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyyoung
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM

thanks everybody i dont know what to do there are so many ideas and sites i looked up everything that everybody has told me about the last few days im super excited to get some of these i even looked into making some they are super easy i made 1 so far but now i see about the pul material so i looked into that and now im gonna try to find that also! ill buy the diapers also but i wanna try and make some and see how they will do! i wish there was people who didnt need any materials anymore that they dont want! my grandma gave me a sewing machine on sunday i havnt used it uet need to get a needle from walmart or someplace she said they would have one there its so exciting learning all of this new stuff ive never heard of before!!.. I even looked up how to make homemade air freshners and laundry detergent and homemade soap despenser its so easy!!!!

bigsky105
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Join cuties with cloth booties for more info.  We love Fuzzi Bunz.  First baby, I washed with All Free and Clear, but for this baby I bought Mountain Green, which I haven't used yet.  Never used a sprayer.  Breastfeeding poop doesn't have to be washed off beforehand, and once they eat solids the poop gets more solid, so I just knocked it off into the toilet or used toilet paper to push it off, if needed.  Check out diaperpin.com for reviews on practically every type of cloth diaper made, as well as reviews of online shops that sell them.  Start off with a variety of big name brand cloth diapers before experimenting with others.  If you buy diapers that don't work well, you wont be able to stick with it.  The biggest names that are most reliable tend to be Fuzzi Bunz, Bum Genius, Thirsties, ProRaps, Bummis.

jnw2992
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I use trendLab snap diapers and sunbaby snap and Velcro diapers i paid 13 a piece for the TrendLab and got a promo deal for Sunbaby for 4.20 a piece with 2 inserts i also make my own wipe solution  its 1/2 cup baby oil plus 1/2 cup baby wash unscented plus 2 cups hot water. i used old TriFold NB cloth diapers that u cut into 4s for the wipes i store them in old wipe containers u can use old t-shirts and stuff to make wipes to save money lots of choices and not very expensive plus i use ALL FREE AND CLEAR to wash the diapers in

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM

My dh jiggy rigged our toilet with a kitchen sprayer, but I've heard the Bumgenius kits are great.  As far as Organic diapers I'm no real help there.  I do know of bamboo diapers since I bought a few of these Kawaii Minky. They work wonderfully.  Bumgenius has a organic AIO that works pretty good, the down side is that it has to air dry and they take forever!  Otherwise you might be doing prefolds with wool or fleece covers. 

ashleyyoung
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM

thanks everybody for your help!

Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I recommend that you buy a couple of each type, and a couple different brands used.  Then, once you've been able to try them, you can buy what you like new.  What works for 1 baby/family doesn't work for others.  Prefolds are the cheapest route for the newborn stage, before you can fit into the one size diapers of other types.

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Love this site..  http://www.cottonbabies.com/  Lots of great products and info! 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM

We use mainly wahm diapers. You should check out cuties with cloth booties.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Oh and love the name. If ds had been a girl he was going to be Annabella Rae. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)