Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How soon did you know?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM
  • 37 Replies

How soon did you know you were pregnant? With my DD I didn't know until I took a pregnancy test. Did any of you know sooner?

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                     

I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!!

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM
I thought I was for a week before I took my test. I was tired and just didn't feel like myself. We had been trying though so I knew it was possible : )
peaches_04
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM
With my first i had implantation and tested
Gor bfp 4days before i missed my period
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM
I found out super early with my first. Don't remember exactly when but I know I had my first sonogram at five weeks. With my second I found out when I was about nine weeks along. I didn't think I was pregnant because I had already had a negative at home test. I went to the doctor for a cold that I couldn't kick and they decided to do a urinalysis and it came back positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clubpenguin
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I always knew before. With my third I tested like 5 times and they kept being negative. Except with my last my dh joked I was pregnant and I thought maybe. I had no idea but the nausea made sense. Bought a test at lunch and positive.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM
I always knew by the time my period was supposed to come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM

My first was unplanned so I didn't find out until after I missed a period.

My second I knew from conception - I started having symptoms immediately.

MommaTasha1003
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM

#1 DD- didnt know until about 4mo along... I was shocked with DD. But there was many signs I missed, but i never had morning sickness with either child.

#2 DS- Found out around 2months.... I just felt like my period was about to start for like 2mo. or else i would have took a pt sooner but that dull annoying cramp was there so i kept "giving it another week"

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM

With my first not till I took the test, Im not sure if I was late or if it was before my period but my fiance and his friends kept pestering me to test cause they said I was acting pregnant lol 

With the little one I knew before I even tested but waited till I was at least a day late. Something just told me, after all we had been ttc for over a year and my gut just told me I was. 

pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:37 PM
At 3 w and 5 d when I took the test:)
It was the first month while ttc I was positive I wasn't but two people knew I was before I did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:40 PM

This time I knew a couple days before I tested. I tested at 4 wks. The test was really a formality. The two previous pregnancies I was in denial. :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)