Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How soon did you know you were pregnant? With my DD I didn't know until I took a pregnancy test. Did any of you know sooner?

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                     

I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!!

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Replies (31-37):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM

around 3 days before I missed my period from a test.

vsop690
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I knew right away :-)

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM

With dd dh knew way before I could even test. With ds I knew a few days before I tested. 

Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I have known with most of my pregnancies before I took a test.  With one, I knew almost from conception.

PEEK05
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:28 PM

No.  I never took tests until I missed my period.

mamoore83
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM

My son was unplanned but I knew right before I was due to get my period.  My daughter I knew about 2-3 weeks before I was due for my period I have a 5 week cycle so pretty close to conception. 

purvislets
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:34 PM

With DD#1 I didn't know until I took a pregnancy test.  I have irregular cycles and was on CD 102 by the time I got my BFP (I was around 6 weeks pregnant then) and had written off my pregnancy symptoms as complications from a UTI, motion sickness, and exhaustion from working at Home Depot's in MS and LA immediately following hurricane Katrina.

With my second pregnancy, I knew a few days before I tested.  We weren't trying but weren't preventing either and I just had a feeling.  

With DS, I knew 5 days before I could test.  We were using clomid and had had a follicle check a few days before ovulation which I had confirmed with temping.  I was leaking colostrum, taking naps during the day, and generally just not feeling well.  I tested at 11 dpo and got a light BFP. 

With this baby, I had tested at 10 dpo with a cheap test and gotten a negative.  I didn't have many concrete symptoms and just didn't really think I was.  The next day DH was working from home so I took a little nap after dropping DD off at school and ended up sleeping for almost 5 hours.  When I woke up I knew something was off, so I tested with a FRER and got a positive right away!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)