Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Calling all docs! Help...and a lot of TMI

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM
  • 5 Replies
So I'm 22 almost 23 weeks pregnant with my first. I have IBS-D and had my gallbladder removed at 15. Normally I have a IBS flare up every couple days and empty my bowels. I haven't had a bowel movement in about a week now... And I know I'm way backed up.

Last night DH and I had sex and ever since then I've been in serious, can't stand up straight, pain. It's mainly on my right side. I've had twinges of pain on my right for a few weeks but this is insane. DH just went to get me prune juice and mineral oil to see if that helps. At what point should I go to urgent care? I don't have a doctor right now (switching from on to off post) so I don't have an OB to call.

It feels like my entire abdominal wall hardens when I stand. It's like my muscles are too short for me to stand up straight (does that make sense?). I've tried to go to the bathroom and just push but nothing happens. I am passing some gas so I don't think it's a blockage.

Help! What should I do/try?

- Sarah -

CafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM
I don't really have any advice but gas can still pass around compacted stool in the intestines as can diarrhea or what you would call leakage. I would try some things to get things moving. If that doesn't help I'd try to go to Urgent Care. Sorry that I don't have much advice. That sounds awful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Quoting jconney80:

I don't really have any advice but gas can still pass around compacted stool in the intestines as can diarrhea or what you would call leakage. I would try some things to get things moving. If that doesn't help I'd try to go to Urgent Care. Sorry that I don't have much advice. That sounds awful!

Thanks! I can sit comfortably as long as my legs are up (like how I would be bent if standing). It's weird. I think I will go in if it doesn't get better by tonight. I wouldn't super worry about it but I'm supposed to drive 9 hours alone tomorrow and really need to be okay for that. I hate going in to urgent care though because I just feel like a hypochondriac.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Well, I don't think you're a hypochondriac if you have IBS. I can certainly understand why you need to feel better for that car ride! That would be very uncomfortable to ride that way pregnant!

Can you try an enema while pregnant? I'm not sure if that's considered safe or not?

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting jconney80:

Thanks! I can sit comfortably as long as my legs are up (like how I would be bent if standing). It's weird. I think I will go in if it doesn't get better by tonight. I wouldn't super worry about it but I'm supposed to drive 9 hours alone tomorrow and really need to be okay for that. I hate going in to urgent care though because I just feel like a hypochondriac.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Quoting jconney80:

It's weird because normally I have trouble not going. The big problem isn't being backed up... It's not being able to stand/walk.

I just looked it up and some say yes and some say no. I think I'm going to try the juice. Apparently mineral oil can trigger labor according to the APA so I won't be doing that. The baby is moving so I know she's okay.

This sucks. I knew pregnancy had some unpleasant side effects but this is not a "magical" time in my life like everyone said it would be.
thundersky
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM
I have IBS too and found this drink called "green envy" from agrolabs. it helps a lot with keeping you regular and preventing back ups, diarrhea, and gas. Also it stops flare ups from getting as bad. I know camomile tea help lot too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN