Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
Do u buy or make costumes

What costumes have u made in the past?
Pics?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM

ummm...i have no idea what i'm going to do. my mom bought his first costume (tigger) which we did his 2 month old professional pics in. i love them. last year we were gifted with a lion costume but i have no idea where that went and it's too small anyway. this year i'm dreading. it will be his first time going trick or treating. i didn't want to take him but a milspouse friend begged me to go with her and her kids. i hate halloween and every other holiday. :(

amber710
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I made one for her one year. The other years I bought one used from the thrift store.

She has been a bumblebee and a ladybug.

The year I made one she was a football player. I put her big fluffy winter coat on her and some tight legging-like pants and tennis shoes. Then I bought a plain t-shirt and some fabric paint and decorated the t-shirt to look like a football jersey and put it over the fluffy coat. It was pretty cute. I cant find the picture of it...but here is a picture from her first Halloween.

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Quoting Mrs.Salz: Neither, we don't celebrate Halloween.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I buy them. I don't even know how to turn on my sewing machine. 

chiarore
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:21 PM
I always make or repurpose all of our costumes. This year dh and ds are bats, DD is a butterfly, and I'm a bunny. DD has purchased wings and I have purchased ears, to make my life easier :) but I sewed dd's wings onto her shirt so they don't just flop around because she's so tiny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I make and buy depending on what the child wants and how I can work it with my price cap(20 for a costume is my limit).  One yr my son wanted to be a bat.  So I bought a yard of black fleece cut it into wings made the boning of the wings just by drawing lines on them with white chalk and sewed it onto a black fleece jacket.  Then he wore a black hat and black cat ears.  And black cat ears. 

Last yr DD wanted to be a dinosaur.  I bought a green dinosaur hooded towel.  She then wore her fav dino shirt and her green rain boots.

This yr DD has asked to be a girafe.  I found this idea online that I am going to try to make  http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/giraffe-costume-930610/

Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I usually buy, but I've been know to make a couple here and there.

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM
I really don't like Halloween but we usually let our six year old dress up. Her first year we didn't do anything. She was 3 months old so I didn't see the point. Then she was a black eyed p (brown shirt w/ the letter P pinned to it and a black circle around one eye). Then she was Dorothy because my mom bought her the costume. Then she and my nephew were Astrid and Hiccup from How To Train Your Dragon, again my mom bought the costumes. Then last year we ordered her a pair of scrubs and she was a veterinarian. This year she wants to be a scuba diver so I am going to craft something for her. Probably dress her in black and make tanks from two liter bottles. Our eight month old has a hat I made for her that looks like cabbage patch doll hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I've made all of the kids except Caidence's last year, she wanted to be a lady bug.

Here's this years. Batman and Robin ballerinas. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Closer of the finished costumes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN