Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

My aunt is a family practitioner, and she loves to give me unsolicitized baby advice (she has a two year old, my youngest cousin).  She was insisting that by the age of 8months (she is supportive of EBF, though), I should start him on solids and that I wouldn't want to CD once I start seeing the solids poop.  I silenced her today with the CD thing when I told her that the same I'd be "wasting" washing the diapers would be the same time I'd spend driving to the store, picking the diapers, and paying for them with the difference that while I'm washing them I can study for my upcoming certification exams, or teach the baby words in different languages.  She was in shocked, yet she felt I was on the right; she never though of the part that I could be doing other things while I wash them.  Still, she's offering me my cousin's never used disposables (he was a very big kid, so she has tons of unused disposables stored).

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Replies (11-14):
Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Flips are awesome! They're relatively inexpensive but the quality is great. Ours have lasted over 18 months without a problem and are still in great condition.

Quoting louzannalady:

Which do you use, if I might ask. I am interested in Flips. : ) I guess, if you take them from her, it kind of gives her "ground", huh? 

Quoting anime.princess:

The newer ones that are coming out, are just as convenient as disposables.  Technology had made cloth diapers just as practical as disposables.  

Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this

It's funny how some people are so opposed to cloth diapers. Especially since they never have to change them or deal with them!

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Quoting melindabelcher: That can be very frustrating. Sounds like your handling it well. Everyone disagrees with someone. We can't make everyone happy. Your doing great keep up the good work :)

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the Charlie Banana one size pocket diapers! There is a very gross 4-6 week period of poop as baby is just starting solids:( after that though its no big deal at all. And what are ppl talking about when they go on and on about how hard doing diaper laundry is!?

Seriously. Do you only dry off with paper towels after a shower bc towel laundry takes too much time and effort? Yeah.... I just don't get that argument.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN