Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Tori Spelling had complete placenta previa!

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:30 AM
  • 35 Replies

I  am so glad she is okay. I feel bad that this happened to her! I wish more providers were more open about the risks of previa and placenta accretia and higher risk of ectopic pregnancies and a million other things from c-sections, so Moms don't have to learn the hard way- especially after an elective c-section(s). Her first was because baby went into distress, her second was an elective RCS. Anyway. Glad she's fine and so is her kiddo.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/meet-tori-spellings-baby-boy-finn-130000997.html

Tori Spelling nearly lost her life fighting for her unborn son.

Twenty weeks into Spelling's fourth pregnancy, doctors diagnosed her with a condition known as placenta previa -- a condition in which the placenta covers the cervix, leading to massive internal bleeding. She was even at risk for a bleed catastrophic enough to force doctors to terminate her pregnancy.

The actress and reality star, 39, spent 10 weeks in the hospital and four grueling months on bed rest, worrying about dying and leaving her family behind. But she kept her ordeal secret from fans. In the new issue of Us Weekly, on stands Friday, the mother of four shares the emotional story of her terrifying pregnancy with son Finn.

"I just remember thinking, I can't leave three children behind," Spelling, 39, tells Us exclusively of Liam, 5, Stella, 4, and Hattie, 12 months, who she shares with husband of six years Dean McDermott. The Craft Wars host's condition was caused in part by conceiving Finn just one month after giving birth to daughter Hattie, and undergoing three prior C-sections.

Fortunately, after enduring nine massive bleeds -- and one very close call -- Spelling safely welcomed baby Finn Davey McDermott on Aug. 30. (Three weeks later, the star underwent successful emergency surgery after her C-section scars burst open.)

Spelling proudly shares the first pictures of baby Finn -- with Mom, Dad and his three proud siblings -- shot in the family home in a stunning, exclusive eight page portfolio in this week's Us Weekly.

"When they put him in my arms I was like, 'We made it.''" she tells Us. "We have an insane bond. We've been through hell and back."

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:52 AM
That explains why she went in for post c-section surgery! Maybe she will be able to share her story more and help educate others.

This is also what scares the shit out of me if i have more kids. Two emergency c-sections later = higher risk of previa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:55 AM

*hug* I hope she is able to educate others on the risks involved. I wonder if she will become an advocate for VBAC's and TOLAC's after this? That would be awesome to have someone lend their very high-profile voice to that cause! 

Quoting Nicolle_09:

That explains why she went in for post c-section surgery! Maybe she will be able to share her story more and help educate others.

This is also what scares the shit out of me if i have more kids. Two emergency c-sections later = higher risk of previa

anime.princess
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Is good that she's alright now, but this should totally be a lesson for all the ladies that undergo frivolous caesareans.  The first time it was totally needed, but it seems that on the 2nd and 3rd she could had attempted a VBAC.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW what an amazing story

Itzgrl101
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
What the hell....she conceived a month after she had her last baby? Am I the only one that stays far away from dh for weeks on end after birth???
What a sad story...glad her baby is okay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Lol! After a c-section, I don't know that I would let DH touch me ever again! I would be traumatized and too scared to conceive, again! After a vaginal birth... I don't wait weeks and weeks. :  )

Quoting Itzgrl101:

What the hell....she conceived a month after she had her last baby? Am I the only one that stays far away from dh for weeks on end after birth???

Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish more women heard stories like this and realized that these kinds of risks are real. A c-section isn't just a quick, easy surgery to avoid a vaginal birth.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad she's ok.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Ive had two c-sections and we started having sex again at 3 weeks. 

Quoting Itzgrl101:

peaches_04
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
How does the csection link to the placenta previa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN