Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Tori Spelling had complete placenta previa!

Posted by   + Show Post

I  am so glad she is okay. I feel bad that this happened to her! I wish more providers were more open about the risks of previa and placenta accretia and higher risk of ectopic pregnancies and a million other things from c-sections, so Moms don't have to learn the hard way- especially after an elective c-section(s). Her first was because baby went into distress, her second was an elective RCS. Anyway. Glad she's fine and so is her kiddo.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/meet-tori-spellings-baby-boy-finn-130000997.html

Tori Spelling nearly lost her life fighting for her unborn son.

Twenty weeks into Spelling's fourth pregnancy, doctors diagnosed her with a condition known as placenta previa -- a condition in which the placenta covers the cervix, leading to massive internal bleeding. She was even at risk for a bleed catastrophic enough to force doctors to terminate her pregnancy.

The actress and reality star, 39, spent 10 weeks in the hospital and four grueling months on bed rest, worrying about dying and leaving her family behind. But she kept her ordeal secret from fans. In the new issue of Us Weekly, on stands Friday, the mother of four shares the emotional story of her terrifying pregnancy with son Finn.

"I just remember thinking, I can't leave three children behind," Spelling, 39, tells Us exclusively of Liam, 5, Stella, 4, and Hattie, 12 months, who she shares with husband of six years Dean McDermott. The Craft Wars host's condition was caused in part by conceiving Finn just one month after giving birth to daughter Hattie, and undergoing three prior C-sections.

Fortunately, after enduring nine massive bleeds -- and one very close call -- Spelling safely welcomed baby Finn Davey McDermott on Aug. 30. (Three weeks later, the star underwent successful emergency surgery after her C-section scars burst open.)

Spelling proudly shares the first pictures of baby Finn -- with Mom, Dad and his three proud siblings -- shot in the family home in a stunning, exclusive eight page portfolio in this week's Us Weekly.

"When they put him in my arms I was like, 'We made it.''" she tells Us. "We have an insane bond. We've been through hell and back."

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
Itzgrl101
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM
2 natural births ...waited 8 weeks before I had sex... I tore with both my boys and was sore for quite awhile. and I ebf. I suppose it might be different if you had a section with pp sex

Quoting louzannalady:

Really? Humm... Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. May I ask if you have had sections or vaginal births? Or if you nurse? I am curious if that affects bleeding and the pain issue.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

SHe nuts! I don't even stop bleeding until wk 6 and blood and sex is just gross! It's a great excuse to use to keep hubby away. I pretend my vagina doesn't even exist for atleast 2 months!

Quoting Itzgrl101:

What the hell....she conceived a month after she had her last baby? Am I the only one that stays far away from dh for weeks on end after birth???

What a sad story...glad her baby is okay!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Holy crap. I didn't know she was even pregnant again. The last baby I knew about was Stella. 0.0 

I'm glad she's ok, and I'm glad they are placing the blame correctly on the C's. 

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I'm not surprised. There was rumors of her complaining about Dean being overly amorous after birth, begging her to have sex sooner than she was ready. I think she said something along those lines then denied it later. I don't remember. He's a sweet guy (or so he's portrayed) but he does seem awfully cuddly. 

Quoting Itzgrl101:

What the hell....she conceived a month after she had her last baby? Am I the only one that stays far away from dh for weeks on end after birth???

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008) & Caidence(2010). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quoting Sarah725: Glad she's ok.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

No, you are not the only one. My husband and I both firmly believe in waiting for a decent amount of time for so many reasons. And when I say "believe.." of course I mean *for us.*   

Quoting Itzgrl101: What the hell.... she conceived a month after she had her last baby? Am I the only one that stays far away from dh for weeks on end after birth???  

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

trilliandent42
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Just saw this...  I also had complete Placenta Previa.  It is very scary, but I also lived, after 4 units of blood, and 2 units of plasma.  My DS was in the NICU for a week because he inhaled amniotic fluid...  I was asking to get up and walk around while I was getting blood transfusions, I was oblivious to the danger I was in.

VintageWife
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I'm glad she's okay. How scary for her!

VintageWife
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Why the heck would sex be gross?!? Given your screenname, I'm giong to assume you're Christian too. You do know God wants us to be intimate with our spouse, right?!? I mean I wait till after PP bleeding too, but I can't imagine thinking sex with my husband is gross. Of course, I've never been one of those women that made up excuses why not to have sex. Never seen a reason to lie to him.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

SHe nuts! I don't even stop bleeding until wk 6 and blood and sex is just gross! It's a great excuse to use to keep hubby away. I pretend my vagina doesn't even exist for atleast 2 months!

Quoting Itzgrl101:

larissalarie
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM
My issue with this story is that she claims to have been on hospital bed rest starting around the beginning of May, yet she was photographed several times throughout the summer in bikinis out with her family AND on a red carpet a few days before giving birth. I'm perplexed that nobody has called her out on this inconsistency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM
I think she's saying sex while you are bleeding is gross to her, not all sex.

Quoting VintageWife:

Why the heck would sex be gross?!? Given your screenname, I'm giong to assume you're Christian too. You do know God wants us to be intimate with our spouse, right?!? I mean I wait till after PP bleeding too, but I can't imagine thinking sex with my husband is gross. Of course, I've never been one of those women that made up excuses why not to have sex. Never seen a reason to lie to him.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting Itzgrl101:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN