Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Tori Spelling had complete placenta previa!

Posted by   + Show Post

I  am so glad she is okay. I feel bad that this happened to her! I wish more providers were more open about the risks of previa and placenta accretia and higher risk of ectopic pregnancies and a million other things from c-sections, so Moms don't have to learn the hard way- especially after an elective c-section(s). Her first was because baby went into distress, her second was an elective RCS. Anyway. Glad she's fine and so is her kiddo.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/meet-tori-spellings-baby-boy-finn-130000997.html

Tori Spelling nearly lost her life fighting for her unborn son.

Twenty weeks into Spelling's fourth pregnancy, doctors diagnosed her with a condition known as placenta previa -- a condition in which the placenta covers the cervix, leading to massive internal bleeding. She was even at risk for a bleed catastrophic enough to force doctors to terminate her pregnancy.

The actress and reality star, 39, spent 10 weeks in the hospital and four grueling months on bed rest, worrying about dying and leaving her family behind. But she kept her ordeal secret from fans. In the new issue of Us Weekly, on stands Friday, the mother of four shares the emotional story of her terrifying pregnancy with son Finn.

"I just remember thinking, I can't leave three children behind," Spelling, 39, tells Us exclusively of Liam, 5, Stella, 4, and Hattie, 12 months, who she shares with husband of six years Dean McDermott. The Craft Wars host's condition was caused in part by conceiving Finn just one month after giving birth to daughter Hattie, and undergoing three prior C-sections.

Fortunately, after enduring nine massive bleeds -- and one very close call -- Spelling safely welcomed baby Finn Davey McDermott on Aug. 30. (Three weeks later, the star underwent successful emergency surgery after her C-section scars burst open.)

Spelling proudly shares the first pictures of baby Finn -- with Mom, Dad and his three proud siblings -- shot in the family home in a stunning, exclusive eight page portfolio in this week's Us Weekly.

"When they put him in my arms I was like, 'We made it.''" she tells Us. "We have an insane bond. We've been through hell and back."

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Replies (31-35):
EslingerCrew11
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I heard about this.

I had it early on with baby #2 after my first cs & a dnc (almost died 2 Weeks after my first section). Now Ive had 4 sections & its something we always watch for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Now I see there is an 'and' between blood (&) sex. Didn't notice it before. Was reading while playing with my dd so I was like, "What?!?" 

I seriously have a friend that finds sex and penises (penii? lol) gross. She's always acting like they make her wanna vomit. 

Quoting larissalarie:

I think she's saying sex while you are bleeding is gross to her, not all sex.

Quoting VintageWife:

Why the heck would sex be gross?!? Given your screenname, I'm giong to assume you're Christian too. You do know God wants us to be intimate with our spouse, right?!? I mean I wait till after PP bleeding too, but I can't imagine thinking sex with my husband is gross. Of course, I've never been one of those women that made up excuses why not to have sex. Never seen a reason to lie to him.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

SHe nuts! I don't even stop bleeding until wk 6 and blood and sex is just gross! It's a great excuse to use to keep hubby away. I pretend my vagina doesn't even exist for atleast 2 months!

Quoting Itzgrl101:

What the hell....she conceived a month after she had her last baby? Am I the only one that stays far away from dh for weeks on end after birth???
What a sad story...glad her baby is okay!

EslingerCrew11
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Ive had all sections & nursed all babies for at least the first two Weeks & had sex as of two Weeks for one, and 3-8 for the rest. So I agree about its different for everyone.

Quoting louzannalady:

Really? Humm... Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. May I ask if you have had sections or vaginal births? Or if you nurse? I am curious if that affects bleeding and the pain issue.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

SHe nuts! I don't even stop bleeding until wk 6 and blood and sex is just gross! It's a great excuse to use to keep hubby away. I pretend my vagina doesn't even exist for atleast 2 months!

Quoting Itzgrl101:

What the hell....she conceived a month after she had her last baby? Am I the only one that stays far away from dh for weeks on end after birth???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Wow, that's crazy. I thought that was a child/teenager thing...her poor husband!!

Quoting VintageWife:

Now I see there is an 'and' between blood (&) sex. Didn't notice it before. Was reading while playing with my dd so I was like, "What?!?" 

I seriously have a friend that finds sex and penises (penii? lol) gross. She's always acting like they make her wanna vomit. 

Quoting larissalarie:

I think she's saying sex while you are bleeding is gross to her, not all sex.

Quoting VintageWife:

Why the heck would sex be gross?!? Given your screenname, I'm giong to assume you're Christian too. You do know God wants us to be intimate with our spouse, right?!? I mean I wait till after PP bleeding too, but I can't imagine thinking sex with my husband is gross. Of course, I've never been one of those women that made up excuses why not to have sex. Never seen a reason to lie to him.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting Itzgrl101:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:42 PM

That's so scary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)