Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Is there hope?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM
  • 11 Replies
Has anyone ever had a kid start puking and the entire family DIDN'T get sick?

My 4 year old got sick last night. We have not been exposed to anything that I'm aware of, and she is eating and drinking small amounts already, hasn't spiked a fever... but never in my life has someone in my family gotten a cold or stomach bug and everyone else remained healthy. Saturday is my birthday and my mom and sister and baby niece are supposed to come visit from out of state. The trip has been planned for a month now, and I don't want them to miss work for nothing, but I DEFINITELY don't want them to go home and have to miss more work, or get my 3 month old niece sick.

Is there any hope that we won't all be sick?
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM
It's possible...take some vitamin c, wash hands, breastfeed, clean household surfaces frequently
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I think that happened to us once.  Hope everyone stays healthy.

soulofsunmama
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Yes, be preemptive!!
Emergen-C, LOTS AND LOTS of water, good hygiene, and usually by the time symptoms appear, most of contagious is coming to an end.
Is your niece breastfed as well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Yup. Disease is usually, though not always, isolated here. The trick is to take care of everyone now instead of waiting. EmergenC, gargling, neti pot, elderberries, the right foods (mangos are my go-to), EOs if know how to use them, whatever you do when you get sick- do it now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NightSky1701
by Angela on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Last year my five yr old caught a bug. I thought something was wrong with her since she got sick in the middle of the night. The next day she was fine all day and eating normally then got sick again that night in the middle of the night. It happened a couple more time over the next 7 to 10 days so I finally took her to the doc. I was worried that something was wrong. He said it was a virus going around. No one else ever got it, it was just a kid thing or not airborne. She also got sick once in the night after being really upset before bed. Good luck!

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM
It was too late for me, I have succombed lol. But hopefully my 2 year old and my husband won't get it. Oh, this is miserable.
Brandy85412
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM

theres hope I have had only one kid get sick.  but be prepared.

melindabelcher
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Oh no!!! I hope you feel better soon :(

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

It was too late for me, I have succombed lol. But hopefully my 2 year old and my husband won't get it. Oh, this is miserable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I recently read that 100% grape juice can be used to prevent a stomach bug when you've been exposed. I now drink one serving a day and if I'm around anyone who'se been sick, I do 3 servings a day. I do this for my six year old too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ida123
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Take care of everyone there .hope we wont get it, clean house holds everyday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN