Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How long after birth did it take? *update*

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM
  • 31 Replies

How long did it take you to start enjoying sex again after birth? My first I was so sore for about 3 months and it started feeling better and sex didn't sound like the worst idea ever! With my second I'm at month 6 and it stil can hurt! entering sux (honestly feels like birthing all over again) and apparently my bladder is sagging a bit so when he hits that i'm just done. :( It's really hard. Im so happy I had natural births but then i hear women who had csections are 'so glad they are still functioning' it just makes me mad! is there hope sex will be good again???

*UPDATE*Thanks ladies! Your answers and suggestions have helped me discover that what I am experiencing is NOT normal. I found out I have a bladder prolapse. It was pretty devastating. But I have found natural ways of helping/ reducing prolapse symptoms without surgery. So thanks!

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM

We didn't even attempt until 4 months after.

melindabelcher
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM
That much discomfort this far postpartum I would talk to your midwife/ob.
The average time for me is about 3-4 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:02 PM

my husband was away for the first 3 months pp so we didn't even get to try until month 4 and i was wondering if that made a difference?

Quoting melindabelcher:

louzannalady
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM

My first birth, we were back at it two and half weeks pp, because I had a small tear and a couple of stitches. I would say it took about a week to feel "Wa-who!" and no pain at all. 

My second birth, we were back at it eleven days. I had a water birth and did not tear. And it was a little painful the first two times and we had to go slow with lube. But, it was still great. DS2 is almost three months and we are 100% back- well a little lube because I am nursing. : ) 

lifeforchrist
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Quoting louzannalady:

My first birth, we were back at it two and half weeks pp, because I had a small tear and a couple of stitches. I would say it took about a week to feel "Wa-who!" and no pain at all. 

My second birth, we were back at it eleven days. I had a water birth and did not tear. And it was a little painful the first two times and we had to go slow with lube. But, it was still great. DS2 is almost three months and we are 100% back- well a little lube because I am nursing. : ) 

Lucky! I wish I knew why my vagina refuses to work! Sex never was amazing before birth, i oculd never get aroused and the big O was a NEVER. But after birth its just horrible! Wish I could get back to it like you guys do!

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM
With my first it took about 18 months before it wasn't uncomfortable. But I had a tear at the top. My cervix tore and then down from there. I also don't heal well. I develop painful kyloids so I suspect that was part of the problem. With my second I tore in a more "normal" way and that healed much more quickly. Everything was back to normal by about five weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:11 PM
No. Whether he was there or not you should be healed by now. I second contacting a health practitioner.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

my husband was away for the first 3 months pp so we didn't even get to try until month 4 and i was wondering if that made a difference?

Quoting melindabelcher:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Have you been checked out, to see if you have a hormone inbalance? 

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting louzannalady:

Lucky! I wish I knew why my vagina refuses to work! Sex never was amazing before birth, i oculd never get aroused and the big O was a NEVER. But after birth its just horrible! Wish I could get back to it like you guys do!

Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:51 PM

It should be better by now. I'm wondering if you have a partial prolapse or other issue. I would definitely contact a midwife or OB.

peaches_04
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Ill let you know when i get there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN