Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How long after birth did it take? *update*

Posted by   + Show Post

How long did it take you to start enjoying sex again after birth? My first I was so sore for about 3 months and it started feeling better and sex didn't sound like the worst idea ever! With my second I'm at month 6 and it stil can hurt! entering sux (honestly feels like birthing all over again) and apparently my bladder is sagging a bit so when he hits that i'm just done. :( It's really hard. Im so happy I had natural births but then i hear women who had csections are 'so glad they are still functioning' it just makes me mad! is there hope sex will be good again???

*UPDATE*Thanks ladies! Your answers and suggestions have helped me discover that what I am experiencing is NOT normal. I found out I have a bladder prolapse. It was pretty devastating. But I have found natural ways of helping/ reducing prolapse symptoms without surgery. So thanks!

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
lifeforchrist
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Are there any signs I could look for to know?

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

It should be better by now. I'm wondering if you have a partial prolapse or other issue. I would definitely contact a midwife or OB.

Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

There's some information here http://www.wholewoman.com/newpages/prolapseinfo.html but I don't think that's the whole issue, given the pain you're having.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Are there any signs I could look for to know?

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

It should be better by now. I'm wondering if you have a partial prolapse or other issue. I would definitely contact a midwife or OB.

NightSky1701
by Angela on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM

With my first I tried once about 4 weeks and it was awful, tried again 6 to 8 and around 8 weeks it was better. I had stitches with her. My second, there was no tearing. Tried around four weeks and it was not bad at all but then it turned bad again after having an iud inserted. I was having a lot of pain every time and finally went to doc about it this summer and the iud had lodged in my cervix and that what was causing the pain. So I think Ill say four weeks for the second.

Honeybunches26
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Two weeks and we were back at it like teens this time I don't know shell be here in Nov
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Did you have a difficult vaginal delivery?

I had an easy enough 1st vaginal birth, and we were having sex 4 weeks later.  It took maybe twice to have it feel good.  I had a difficult 2nd vaginal birth (my daughter had dystocial and I ripped getting her out), and it was probably 10 weeks or so before I really enjoyed it.  I had a ceserean with my 3rd, and we didn't have sex for 3 months because my incision hurt too bad to even touch or have any pressure anywhere near it.  So don't think that cesereans are all fun and games afterwards.  I was extremely weak and couldn't even jog from my car to the house for 6 months.  I've only just gotten back to normal, and my incision still hurts if my baby kicks it while nursing.  Longest recovery period I've ever heard of.

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I forgot to mention that you might need more lube.  Breastfeeding causes reduced vaginal moisture, even during arousal.

Klbushman
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM
I had a third degree tear so it took a long time before sex was enjoyable. It was tolerable at about 3 months but not enjoyable till like 6
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emadele
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM
The first time I had a 3rd deg tear and didn't even let dh near me for about 12 wks. And it took about 4 more weeks to feel ok. This time though no tear and I wanted to try at 3-4wks bit I followed orders and waited till 6wks pp. and as long as there is lube present everything is wonderful.

I agree with pp to see your care provider.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
ida123
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM

If you r pee is clear then you can have sex again with your hubby.

Mitzi31
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM

We had sex about a month afterwards. I'd had a water birth and barely tore but didn't need stitches. It didn't hurt at all but I used lots of lube JUST in case, lol. Although we haven't done it since cause I've been battling yeast and dd with thrush. :-( The last thing I want to do is give dh a yeast infection. We're having enough trouble as it is... BUT, I'm hoping to be at it again soon though. :-)

Sorry to hear you're having such a problem. :-( I would talk to your midwife/OB about it though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN