Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Struggling (vaccine Q)

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
As some of you may know, my on was born 6 weeks early with gastroschisis. The dr.'s reccommended yesterday that he get the synagis "vaccine". I normally do not vaccinate, and that was a major headbutting issue for me & df with our first son.

I told df i would research before I said no.
It is not suppposed to ppprevent rsv, but "may lessen symptoms".
The only upside I have found so far is that it does not contain mercury. It is however genetically modified human & mice dna.
The package insert states that they found no signiificant decrease in hospitalization (due to rsv) vs. the placebo.
So I am leaning towards not getting it.

I guess my question is what sort of supplements would be a good idea to build his immune system naturally?
He is ebf, so would me taking extra suplements (in addition to prenatals) be enough, or would I have to give them to him directly? I ask because it will be harder for him to cope with/digest then a normal baby, due to the gastroschisis.
I know money shouldn't factor in when it comes to his health, but the funds just aren't there for some of these more exensive things. Would something like a probiotic and E-mergen-C be enough, so is that not a healthy way to get vitamins?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MrsAdorkable
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:51 AM
bump
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:05 AM

There are a lot of nasty additives in this shot.  I wouldn't do it.  Just keep away from crowds a bit more and nurse nurse nurse.

melindabelcher
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:49 AM
I no nothing of this vaccine.
In a general sense breastfeeding, proper hand washing and avoiding people will be crucial to his health.
Hope you can find an answer your comfortable with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:05 PM

invive silver protein is a huge immune booster

http://www.dr-johnson.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN