Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I have 2 sons that are circumcised, but I've decided to not circ the next baby (he's due in dec).  what care is involved?  when i tell people that i'm not going to circ, the first thing out of their mouths is, "ewww, you'll have to pull back the skin to clean"....but i read another post while ago that made it clear that's not the case. so, i guess i'm asking what exactly is involved in penis care?

and i apologize for sounding so ignorant about it.  it's sad that most people don't know how to take care of the body in it's natural state.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Replies (11-16):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM
This!! :)

Quoting Nicolle_09:

NEVER pull the skin back and NEVER let anyone other then the owner of the penis pull it back. It is fused to the head of the penis just like your finger nail is fused to your finger, retracting before it is ready (which can happen anywhere from age 3 till the early 20's) can tear the skin and cause infections and a whole list of things. 

Clean what is seen. Just wipe it like you would wipe your finger. The penis is a natural cleaning part of the body just like a womens vagina. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM
This! Never ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER retract the foreskin ever!

Quoting Nicolle_09:

NEVER pull the skin back and NEVER let anyone other then the owner of the penis pull it back. It is fused to the head of the penis just like your finger nail is fused to your finger, retracting before it is ready (which can happen anywhere from age 3 till the early 20's) can tear the skin and cause infections and a whole list of things. 

Clean what is seen. Just wipe it like you would wipe your finger. The penis is a natural cleaning part of the body just like a womens vagina. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Id break a fuckers hand....

Quoting kailu1835:

Yes, you should add especially.  I think it was here on stop.CM a mom said that her pediatrician tried forceably retracting her 2 year old son's foreskin, twice, even after she told the doc to stop.

Quoting MrsAdorkable:

Quoting savyjoel:

go to thewholenetwork.org  lots of info ---do NOT retract, it will hurt him.  Wash the outside only and be careful of others even doctors pulling the skin back.  I'm very happy to know you will be leaving this decision up to your son.  :)

Right! Make it 100% clear to everyone (grandmas, daddy, babysitter, and yes even -or I shouuld say eseccially- dr.'s & nurses!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I had our son circed .. but he has a prob them his lil penis sucked within his own body . so i have to pop his out to clean it . but as for taking care of a non circed, i wouldnt think it would be much worse than taking care of one that was .. good luck!

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and also there is a group on here called "Raising Intact Sons" join it. 

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM

That's about how I felt.  Poor baby :(

Quoting Aslen:

Id break a fuckers hand....

Quoting kailu1835:

Yes, you should add especially.  I think it was here on stop.CM a mom said that her pediatrician tried forceably retracting her 2 year old son's foreskin, twice, even after she told the doc to stop.

Quoting MrsAdorkable:

Quoting savyjoel:

go to thewholenetwork.org  lots of info ---do NOT retract, it will hurt him.  Wash the outside only and be careful of others even doctors pulling the skin back.  I'm very happy to know you will be leaving this decision up to your son.  :)

Right! Make it 100% clear to everyone (grandmas, daddy, babysitter, and yes even -or I shouuld say eseccially- dr.'s & nurses!)

babiesbabybaby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)