Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

5 weeks spotting...update miscarried

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm a bit worried. I wiped and there was a little blood. I had a miscarriage 3 years or so ago, and I'm worried because I have like no pregnancy symptoms like I did then. This pregnancy was not planned, but I have already grown attached these past few days. Also, there is a chance that i could have some sort of adrenal gland issue. I called the endrochronologist to see if I  should be concerned. I never was diagnosed but they said I need to find one and get an appointment right away. So, now I'm worried and stressed. So far I'm drinking red raspberry tea leaf. Any other suggestions? I have to work tormorrow and we are packing up this weekend becaus ethey will be painting our house for 6 days. So, I can't reallty take it that easy right now :(

UPDATE: I did miscarry and am now expecting a rainbow baby, due in August.

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Replies (51-60):
catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Thanks for sharing 

Quoting mommytimestwo12: Just putting this out in the virtual universe to inspire some hopeful thoughts. I had the early pregnancy panic trifecta. First, no symptoms, natta, no nausea, no fatigue, nothing. Second, spotting, not just brown spotting but bright red spotting that appeared starting around week five (three weeks pregnant) along with slight cramping. This lasted over a week. Lastly, they did an transv. U/S when I was 5 weeks and 4 days. There was a sac but no baby, no heartbeat. I was heartbroken. I thought for sure it was a blighted ovum. I am 7 weeks today and went for another U/S four days ago at 6weeks 3 days. The baby is right on track with in size and a healthy heartbeat! This is my second pregnancy and I had no spotting or cramping with my first, although that was 12 years ago! I remember searching the net for people in my situation to try and find hope so I am passing this along. Although I am not out of the "woods" yet, I have stopped spotting and I know everything is progressing normally. Hang in there if this is happening to you. My doctors says often U/S before 6.5 weeks can't pick up that tiny baby! Good luck ladies.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Hope baby doesn't feel all your stress and keeps growing.

sreichelt26
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Yay for rainbow babies :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I just read through this whole thread including your update with the rainbow baby due in August. I just wanted to say that I was also expecting an Aug baby and am currently miscarrying. I was just about to leave this group but felt the tiniest tug to stick around still, and this post reads like I could have written it myself. My hcg was a 7. It was a surprise pregnancy we didn't know we even wanted but I also found myself more attached than I thought possible. I don't believe that it was a "mistake" and the loss itself was given to me for a reason. If nothing else, we realize that our hearts really are open to another baby. 2 of my children sobbed when we told them the news. RIght now I still feel so beaten up, physically and emotionally. But your story makes me feel so much less alone with this experience. I can tell you that if I find myself pregnant again, I won't have a split-second of regret. Thank you for sharing the up, the down and the up again. 

Quoting Precious333:

here is my update: I got a call frm the doctor. My hcg is now a 3.....meaning i did miscarry. It was not surprising news. There is stll a part of me that feels like it could have been pervented had I done something different....like not stressed out. Or taken better care of myself prior the pregnancy. I am still very wiped out and even dizzy :(

larissalarie
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I didn't know you were pregnant, but I'm so sorry for your loss :'(
((((hugs))))

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I just read through this whole thread including your update with the rainbow baby due in August. I just wanted to say that I was also expecting an Aug baby and am currently miscarrying. I was just about to leave this group but felt the tiniest tug to stick around still, and this post reads like I could have written it myself. My hcg was a 7. It was a surprise pregnancy we didn't know we even wanted but I also found myself more attached than I thought possible. I don't believe that it was a "mistake" and the loss itself was given to me for a reason. If nothing else, we realize that our hearts really are open to another baby. 2 of my children sobbed when we told them the news. RIght now I still feel so beaten up, physically and emotionally. But your story makes me feel so much less alone with this experience. I can tell you that if I find myself pregnant again, I won't have a split-second of regret. Thank you for sharing the up, the down and the up again. 

Quoting Precious333:

here is my update: I got a call frm the doctor. My hcg is now a 3.....meaning i did miscarry. It was not surprising news. There is stll a part of me that feels like it could have been pervented had I done something different....like not stressed out. Or taken better care of myself prior the pregnancy. I am still very wiped out and even dizzy :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I''m so sorry for you loss :( This was my second miscarriage and God and now our second rainbow baby (just recently found out what a rainbow baby is and I love tha name).  With my first miscarriage we were not trying either and it was such a hard time. I named that baby Harley and God gave me such a beautiful verse that I clung to during that loss (I bled for about a month before I officially miscarried the baby, so it was tough). 

With this baby it was hard too. I really wanted more, and DH did not. I grieved so much as well, knowing that could have been my last baby, and really wanting to keep him or her. I really struggled with a name this time for that baby, but I kept on getting scripture and God kepty on reminding me that He was sovereign and that He gives and takes away, and there is always a reason. I really felt that God was working on me this time during the miscarriage, strengthing my faith and teaching me to completely surrender everything to Him. I felt like His child He was disciplining (not to say that he was punishing me, just pruning).  I kept on being led back to scripture pointing to the Isrealites who were in the desert, among snakes and scorpions, with no food or water, but the LORD provided all they needed for 40 years!!! We had been trying NOT to get pregnant, using FAM, so normally the first 5 days atleast were our safe days, well not in November, because I ended up ovulating MUCH earlier than I normally would (like a WEEK earlier). I'm pretty sure that I ended up conceiving 40 days after that day I miscarried.  I am just in awe over this whole situation, and I feel so blessed and that God has shown us so much grace and love.

Quoting larissalarie:

I didn't know you were pregnant, but I'm so sorry for your loss :'(
((((hugs))))

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting Precious333:

hapababies
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting Precious333:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sarah725:

Hope baby doesn't feel all your stress and keeps growing.

I can't really explain it, but I really feel such peace. I do have my moments where I feel like anxiety is starting to creep up, but it quickly goes away.

melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM
I'm so sorry :(
Didn't know you were expecting. Payers for healing and peace for your family.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting Precious333:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:40 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss =( I'm glad you're able to grow through this even though it's such a tough situation. I think that shows incredible strength and wisdom. I haven't gone through this so I can't say I know how you feel but you have my prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)