Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
How do u feel when you see pregnant women drinking caffeine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Replies (21-30):
Fellie
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM

It makes me angry

jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I still drank a half of a cup a day because I would easily get awful headaches during pregnancy. I could never drink more than a cup a day but that was rare. With my first pregnancy I cut it out completely. When I was pregnant with my second I was getting horrible headaches so I stuck with drinking some coffee. I never drank a lot and honestly what I did drink didn't seem to really affect them. Plus the first trimester just the smell of coffee made me feel sick lol.

I don't judge. For all I know it could be hot chocolate. Now if I knew the person and they were drinking nothing but soda or coffee all day it might bother me. Other than that I think a little is fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Moderation is key.. :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

VintageWife
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I don't take meds, alcohol, drugs, nicotine or any of that, but I do have caffiene.

Cpop1980
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I don't judge over the one cup of coffee that some women drink, but diet sodas make my skin crawl.

MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Considering the studies that have shown how large an amount you would have to have to harm a baby, I don't even pay attention. But I feel very differently when i see a pregnant woman smoking. For one thing, I don't know anyone who only smokes one cigg a day. For another, I know she's doing harm too her own body as well as her baby's, and because of that she will have a much harder time with labor and delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I think its fine in smaller doses.  Like if they are sitting there with a 2 liter of Mt Dew I might think its wrong. . .

laurade024
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Quoting Cpop1980:

I don't judge over the one cup of coffee that some women drink, but diet sodas make my skin crawl.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:23 PM
No judgement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I had 1/2 cup coffee a day while pregnant. Small amounts do not harm a baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)