Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

?¿ I'm all mixed up ¿?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM
  • 22 Replies
Confused about having more kiddos.
Dh and I have pretty much had unprotected sex for 9 yrs and all our kiddos were planned. We used the pull out method for 4yrs before we decided to try for our oldest, took 11mo to conceive. Mirena for less then a year prego within three months of having it out. Then used no birth control and conceived number 3, 19mo after having the middle child.
I've always been comfortable with a large family and dh has been reserved. Now that ellie is 6 months I'm second guessing what to do. Hes comfortable with having unprotected sex and has no problem with the small chance of conception. I was *ok* not thrilled with the idea, now I'm nervous of getting prego.
I don't know why I feel this way, what to think of it. I had to cancel my appointment for a diaphragm because I was out of state. I want to reschedule it but not sure what to do about bc(i wont do hormonal bc), if I should even reschedule. I have been *getting* take charge of your fertility for at least a year now. I keep forgetting, and worried that I'm actually going to try not to get preggers and then fail. *sigh*
Just trying to get my thoughts out......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM
I'm no help. I'd love more kids and don't believe in BC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM
I'm kind of in the same boat bc wise. I have an almost 9 month old. I want more kids "someday" but no idea when. My bf and I mentioned when baby is 3ish but we have been having unprotected sex. I try to please him other ways since I am not really into sex now anyway but he always wants to...you know...finish inside. He never talks to me about bc but knows I am not on any. I have told him that I haven't had a period and since I am bfing with no period my chance of pregnancy is lower but still there yet he says nothing about bc. I'm so confused! Lol. I wish I had an on/off switch. On if I wanna get prego. Off I I don't....haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Thats where I am stuck. I've come to realize the issues with bc and I've found it really isn't something I'm in to.
But I get stuck on the what if. What if I get preggers tommorow, my bf relationship with my 6mo would pretty much be nothing. What about financially.
Lol I'm still at square one, clearly.

Quoting VintageWife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I've bf'd through pregnancies.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Thats where I am stuck. I've come to realize the issues with bc and I've found it really isn't something I'm in to.

But I get stuck on the what if. What if I get preggers tommorow, my bf relationship with my 6mo would pretty much be nothing. What about financially.

Quoting VintageWife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM
I bf through my last pregnancy and currently tandem nursing. but my supply was pretty much null and void which wasnt a big deal with a 2yo, but would be a big deal with a 9mo.
But I'm thinking breastfeeding over 20 times a day would have to give me extra protection lol

Quoting VintageWife:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Quoting VintageWife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My OB's (at the time) receptionist was like "don't tell him you're nursing. he hates when pregnant women nurse because he claims they are letting the child steal nutrients from the fetus." 

*Big eye roll* 

Quoting melindabelcher:

I bf through my last pregnancy and currently tandem nursing. but my supply was pretty much null and void which wasnt a big deal with a 2yo, but would be a big deal with a 9mo.
But I'm thinking breastfeeding over 20 times a day would have to give me extra protection lol

Quoting VintageWife:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Quoting VintageWife:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I dont think getting pregnant before atleast 9 months when breastfeeding is a good idea myself so I prevent for sure til then..

mrs_smiph
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I use FAM and I'm breastfeeding so I just feel my cervical position and check for fluids every single night in the shower. All the other steps (wouldn't work for me anyway since I don't get the minimum amount of sleep nightly) are just extra, IMO. Getting to know one's cervix is the best step towards a healthy woman. :)

lifeforchrist
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:49 PM

like hormonal bc or any type of contraception?

Quoting VintageWife:

VintageWife
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Any kind at all. 

Quoting lifeforchrist:

like hormonal bc or any type of contraception?

Quoting VintageWife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN