Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Circumcising!!! ...vent - sorry

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
  • 70 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't know if there are more friendly ways to do it or mainly just one but I just youtubed circumcising a baby and that was the most disgusting thing I've EVER seen. I would rather eat dog poop than have that done to my child! I don't understand how parents, mothers especially can put their child through such a ridiculous thing. They strapped down the baby and just did it. No numbing medicine, nothing! I really don't understand!

I'm sorry I'm not trying to attack anyone, I really am not - I just don't think I will be getting my son circ'ed. DH is all up in arms PO-ed at me for this but he won't even watch the video. The movie on TV is more important aparently, well my son gets to keep HIS penis, if he'd like he can get rid of it later.

I think I've been scarred for life just watching that video. I've seen a lot of gross horrible things but I really hope that this gets out of my head, I'll never be able to unsee that. :( I want to cry for that poor baby.

Anyone able to help clear my head or cheer me up?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I circ'd my first because even though I knew I had a choice I didn't think I really had a choice. Be glad you realized that before they cut!
on a good note, when are you due?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJAG
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Welll, DH watched our first son get circ'd.  We still circ'd the other 2.  Perhaps we just had great drs or something, but there was pretty much no crying (they gave them a pacifier through the procedure, and no, it did not interfere with nursing them one little bit).  They don't remember it, either, unlike the men who choose to do it later.  ; )  

A lot of people feel the same way about watching a woman give birth.

Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Quoting melindabelcher:

I circ'd my first because even though I knew I had a choice I didn't think I really had a choice. Be glad you realized that before they cut!
on a good note, when are you due?

I'm sorry you didn't think you had a choice - it really sucks that people aren't more honest about everything. I've been wanting to watch some vidoes but that 1 was WAY too much for me.

Not due until January 30th but hopefully dh understands it now though, this isn't something I want to revisit. I know what I want and what I don't want for my child! Thanks for the support! :)

Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Quoting MamaJAG:

Welll, DH watched our first son get circ'd.  We still circ'd the other 2.  Perhaps we just had great drs or something, but there was pretty much no crying (they gave them a pacifier through the procedure, and no, it did not interfere with nursing them one little bit).  They don't remember it, either, unlike the men who choose to do it later.  ; )  

Seriously? I don't like you - now I have to go do more research?!?!? Well giving birth is natural, circumcision is not - it's a preference surgery. Thanks for still posting! Does your OB do the circ or a special doctor? If it's something I will explore with my son, I will definitely be watching and making dh watch IF we do it.

I guess I should be more open...

melindabelcher
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM
9 moms liked this
A woman can chose to give birth naturally and by birthing naturally shes accomplishing something. Natural birthing lowers risks
no infant choses circumcision and its not accomplishing anything. Circ raises risks....i dont see any correlation between circ and natural birthing

Quoting MamaJAG:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I hear ya mama. I used to be pro-circ only because that's all I've ever known. I started researching and not only did I completely change my feelings on it, my DF is now 100% against it.
I actually got into a huge screaming match on the phone with my mom not that long ago. My SIL (my brother's wife) is pregnant and asked my opinion on circumcision. I gave her my thoughts, told her all the info I have can be backed up 100% with proven statistics and facts and let her know I'm here if she needs me. Apparently everyone in her family, including my brother and mother told her to "stop being stupid and to just get it done". My mother even told her NOT to listen to me because I'm "not a doctor". :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM
My first two had it done because I didn't know any differently. It was nothing like you described.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm really sorry about your SIL - I use to be the same - well before I was preggo I just assumed I'd go with the norm. All of my ?'s started because I joined this forum! haha - I'm so glad I did! I think this is a personal issue that will be kept between me and DH and of course people here but I won't care what "outsiders" think they aren't his parents their opinions don't matter to me because I feel that when the time comes with the right amount of research I will be very happy with my decision!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

I hear ya mama. I used to be pro-circ only because that's all I've ever known. I started researching and not only did I completely change my feelings on it, my DF is now 100% against it.
I actually got into a huge screaming match on the phone with my mom not that long ago. My SIL (my brother's wife) is pregnant and asked my opinion on circumcision. I gave her my thoughts, told her all the info I have can be backed up 100% with proven statistics and facts and let her know I'm here if she needs me. Apparently everyone in her family, including my brother and mother told her to "stop being stupid and to just get it done". My mother even told her NOT to listen to me because I'm "not a doctor". :/

MamaJAG
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Momma2013:

Quoting MamaJAG:

Seriously? I don't like you - now I have to go do more research?!?!? Well giving birth is natural, circumcision is not - it's a preference surgery. Thanks for still posting! Does your OB do the circ or a special doctor? If it's something I will explore with my son, I will definitely be watching and making dh watch IF we do it.

I guess I should be more open...

I definitely think you need to be comfortable with your choice.  BUT you and DH must be on the same page as well.  I feel like too often this is a mom decision, either because dad just doesn't care or because he wants it and she doesn't, etc.  Obviously you can't put it back, so the logical decision ends up being to leave it.  Yes, birth is natural.  C-sections are not, though.  I chose not to make an argument either for or against circing, but I do appreciate not being attacked for choosing to do it.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Oh and I've also watched circ videos on youtube... I couldn't even finish watching them. The blood curdling screams literally made me cry. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN