Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Circumcising!!! ...vent - sorry

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't know if there are more friendly ways to do it or mainly just one but I just youtubed circumcising a baby and that was the most disgusting thing I've EVER seen. I would rather eat dog poop than have that done to my child! I don't understand how parents, mothers especially can put their child through such a ridiculous thing. They strapped down the baby and just did it. No numbing medicine, nothing! I really don't understand!

I'm sorry I'm not trying to attack anyone, I really am not - I just don't think I will be getting my son circ'ed. DH is all up in arms PO-ed at me for this but he won't even watch the video. The movie on TV is more important aparently, well my son gets to keep HIS penis, if he'd like he can get rid of it later.

I think I've been scarred for life just watching that video. I've seen a lot of gross horrible things but I really hope that this gets out of my head, I'll never be able to unsee that. :( I want to cry for that poor baby.

Anyone able to help clear my head or cheer me up?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Not a proponent of circ.. could never ever do that to any of my babies.

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:03 AM

FTR.. I do not judge harshly those who have chosen it, just not for us. 

MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:10 AM
I was one.of those people who thought you just had to circ baby boys. Thankfully I know better now and don't have any boys yet. For awhile I wondered if I would leave it up to my future boy's father but assuming it is my current bf, he is circedand would probably want a boy circed. I just watched a video and I would rather break up/divorce the father before allowing that to be done to my son! If we have a boy, I will make him watch the video and pray that is enough fo sway him....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess0915
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Well, honestly, I've heard that but my son's circumcision was no big deal. It was 16 years ago though. They swabbed him, I think they said it was something to numb a bit and disinfect. Then it was super quick, no crying or anything. He didn't even bleed much at all. It was a very clean cut.

Maybe we were just lucky?

On the other hand my SIL didn't have her son's circ'd and about a year ago her older son had some issues. They discovered that he had two pee holes. He was still having random accidents all over the place for no reason, and that was why. They did surgery and the doctor recommended circ'ing him then as well. Not not not fun. He was miserable and laid up in bed for two weeks. He wasn't allowed to play or anything. He was on heavy duty pain killers and hardly remembers those two weeks at all. He also had to have a catheter. Now, mind you he had to have more than just the circumcision, but my SIL said it was very painful for him.

maddiesmommy5
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I'm no help I saw a video too, That image is stuck in my head forever:( I told So that if we have a son over my dead body will he be circumcised!

Peera
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM

I am COMPLETELY opposed to circumsion, it makes me ill that so many moms just do it without understanding why. My SO & I fought and fought about this, and it did finally come down to the fact that if he kept pushing it with me I was going to leave him and move back in with my mother. Since I hate my mother (moved several states away just to escape her & be able to handle her even a little bit) I think it really got through how I was feeling on the subject! The irony is that my SO's mom was German, and if he hadn't been born on a military base where they didn't give her a choice, he wouldn't be cut either. 

Quoting MissSarah04:

I would rather break up/divorce the father before allowing that to be done to my son! 

Cpop1980
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't care what other people do with their boys' penis, but I am not planning to circum for my son in Janurary.  My family is European and no one is circumsd, they are all behind me.  It's, in fact, genital mutilation, and we don't agree with that.  God didn't make a mistake with the penis that us humans have the right to make decisions about.  The church decided to start cutting off the hoods of people so that they could keep it cleaner when they went to war, and in the hopes of declining masturbation in young adults.  Meaning, it takes away sensitivity in males.  Those ideas are ancient and need to be put to rest.

Mel0dy
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I would never do that to one of my kids. I find it really sad........ His doink his choice :)

Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:01 PM

A lot of men have a hard time learning about circumcision and choosing to keep their sons intact because it means they have to process their own circumcision, which can be a difficult and painful process. This article might help http://www.udonet.com/circumcision/vincent/vulnerability_of_men.html

Aside from the fact that newborns can't receiving sufficient pain medication, there is no reason to remove a perfectly healthy and functional organ without his consent. There is more information about the different methods of circumcision, the function of the penis, and reasons to keep your son intact at thewholenetwork.org and drmomma.org.

Lynette
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:11 PM

hugs.  A great video to watch for facts when people come at you with BS is this one.  It dispels so many myths 

And then for your husband does he like that show Bullshit?  It has more entertainment value if he doesn't want to watch the doctor type video.  They did an episode on circumsion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN