Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Circumcising!!! ...vent - sorry

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't know if there are more friendly ways to do it or mainly just one but I just youtubed circumcising a baby and that was the most disgusting thing I've EVER seen. I would rather eat dog poop than have that done to my child! I don't understand how parents, mothers especially can put their child through such a ridiculous thing. They strapped down the baby and just did it. No numbing medicine, nothing! I really don't understand!

I'm sorry I'm not trying to attack anyone, I really am not - I just don't think I will be getting my son circ'ed. DH is all up in arms PO-ed at me for this but he won't even watch the video. The movie on TV is more important aparently, well my son gets to keep HIS penis, if he'd like he can get rid of it later.

I think I've been scarred for life just watching that video. I've seen a lot of gross horrible things but I really hope that this gets out of my head, I'll never be able to unsee that. :( I want to cry for that poor baby.

Anyone able to help clear my head or cheer me up?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
croffordsbabys2
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I guess I'm indifferent on this subject. Most of the people I know choose to circumcise their baby boys, but there are some I know that don't. I don't get too stressed or worried about the subject because I think there's enough positive evidence to support both sides. My lack of emotion on this subject may also be due to the fact I only have girls. Lol. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.mommywhite3
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:47 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm not getting my son circ'd. He's due any day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is circumcised.  The doctor gave him a number at the base of the penis, to numb the spot for the shot.  Then after it had time to work, they gave him a spinal NERVE block.  He got mad when they strapped him down, and started to cry, but the nurse gave him a pacifier and a kiss on the forehead while stroking the sides of his head.  He didn't even flinch when they started the actual procedure, so I am convinced he didn't feel it.  The doctor and the nurse were both kind to him, and the nurse talked to him, nonesense stuff about the weather lol, but he just looked up at her while she talked.  I think it was about as good as could have been.

Edited.

babiesbabybaby development

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know... I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other.  My husband and I researched it, and made an informed decision.  I know that not every parent will come to the same decision, and support that right as well.  My friend and I disagree over this, but not passionately, because we both respect eachothers right to an informed decision.

Something I do feel extremely strong about is circumcizing just because the doctor said to, or, worse, because they don't like the way it looks, or because they are too lazy to teach their uncirc'd son how to clean it (yes I actually saw someone on CM actually say that).  Do it or don't do it because you believe it's the best thing to do for your child, not because you're too lazy to do otherwise, or because you think it looks better.

Quoting croffordsbabys2:

I guess I'm indifferent on this subject. Most of the people I know choose to circumcise their baby boys, but there are some I know that don't. I don't get too stressed or worried about the subject because I think there's enough positive evidence to support both sides. My lack of emotion on this subject may also be due to the fact I only have girls. Lol. :)

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

OMG! You watched that!!???  I saw hand drawn pictures of the procedure and THAT was enough for me!!  That and dh was very against it.  I find it funny how there are SOO many men that are for it without actually knowing or seeing what was done to them or what they want done to their child. 

joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

O.o

Quoting kailu1835:

My son is circumcised.  The doctor gave him a number at the base of the penis, to numb the spot for the shot.  Then after it had time to work, they gave him a spinal block.  He got mad when they strapped him down, and started to cry, but the nurse gave him a pacifier and a kiss on the forehead while stroking the sides of his head.  He didn't even flinch when they started the actual procedure, so I am convinced he didn't feel it.  The doctor and the nurse were both kind to him, and the nurse talked to him, nonesense stuff about the weather lol, but he just looked up at her while she talked.  I think it was about as good as could have been.

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

TOTALLY mistyped!!!  That should read NERVE block.

Quoting joyful_mama:

O.o

Quoting kailu1835:

My son is circumcised.  The doctor gave him a number at the base of the penis, to numb the spot for the shot.  Then after it had time to work, they gave him a spinal block.  He got mad when they strapped him down, and started to cry, but the nurse gave him a pacifier and a kiss on the forehead while stroking the sides of his head.  He didn't even flinch when they started the actual procedure, so I am convinced he didn't feel it.  The doctor and the nurse were both kind to him, and the nurse talked to him, nonesense stuff about the weather lol, but he just looked up at her while she talked.  I think it was about as good as could have been.

joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I was a little worried there! :)

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting joyful_mama:

O.o

Quoting kailu1835:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Lol... what's really bad is that I had to really stare at the part you highlighted because I was like "what? what's wrong with that?"  Duh.

Quoting joyful_mama:

I was a little worried there! :)

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting joyful_mama:

O.o

Quoting kailu1835:

Jenn8604
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I wish I coulda seen my son get circ. He had his pacifier for it and they said he didnt even cry. My friends son slept thru his. lol.

And on a side note my son nursed for 22 1/2 mos and had a pacifier til almost 4 years (he is very orally stimulated, sensory issues and autism) the plug never interfered with the use of my boob no nipple confusion here. He was 20lbs by 4 mos. I think he did fine.

Quoting MamaJAG:

Welll, DH watched our first son get circ'd.  We still circ'd the other 2.  Perhaps we just had great drs or something, but there was pretty much no crying (they gave them a pacifier through the procedure, and no, it did not interfere with nursing them one little bit).  They don't remember it, either, unlike the men who choose to do it later.  ; )  

A lot of people feel the same way about watching a woman give birth.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN