Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Religion?? OT not stirring up trouble, promise

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay so after my 'natural mom' post it got me thinkin, I know, uh oh right!?! Lol. Alot of you answered that we tend to question alot or are more inquisitive than most. I agree, but had never really thought about it. But that is definitely a theme in my life:)

So I was wondering if it was a theme in yours? And since we are the type to have an answer for everything, my question is, what religion/spirituality (or lack there of) are you and why?

I am NOT trying to start a war! I am just very interested your wonderfully logical, logic for everything!! It is your own opinion and we should all solemly swear not to take offense now, k
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
MamaJAG
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a Christ follower.  (Too many abuse the term Christian)

I aim for a more natural way of life because that is the way we were created to be.

SAHM927
by Lesly on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I am not religious although I don't like to label myself atheist because then I feel the need to defend myself and discredit other religions. I simply do not have any faith in any type of religion. I was raised Catholic though, and DH is non denominational Christian
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

My grandfather's family is Mormon out of Cedar Fort, Utah. 

Quoting Sunshine_246:

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You would call me Mormon :-) I'm sure I'm an odd one out for this crowd lol. I was raised this way and after taking some time to decide for myself I decided it feels right. I tend to go by instincts and logic, this choice may seem odd, but to me it was logical and instinctual.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
This. I like to view myself as spiritual rather than religious. I go to a contemporary, non-denominational Christian church.

Quoting MamaJAG:

I aim for a more natural way of life because that is the way we were created to be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Atheist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Christian, Pentecostal

TTC2Long
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:52 AM
3 moms liked this
Me too! :D I am a follower of Jesus. Simply Jesus. No religion, no church. Dh and I are part of a house church - a group of about 20 people, who meet in each others' homes, study the Gospel and enjoy fellowship. We are definitely not Christian. :)

Quoting MamaJAG:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I am Mormon.  I grew up Catholic, and explored other religions till I found the LDS faith. I like how they have answers to my many questions and they continue to have those answers.  But really it was the very strong feeling of the Holy Ghost when I prayed to know if it was true that told me it was. 

olivejuice2
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM
I think I fall somewhere between agnostic and atheist. I don't call myself religious or believe in god as an individual entity, though I believe in a higher power (but I don't like that phrase very much I can't think of a better way to sum up what I believe).

I was raised lutheran and was fairly serious about it through high school, but I was already questioning things as early as sophmore year.
olivejuice2
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:26 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)