Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Religion?? OT not stirring up trouble, promise

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay so after my 'natural mom' post it got me thinkin, I know, uh oh right!?! Lol. Alot of you answered that we tend to question alot or are more inquisitive than most. I agree, but had never really thought about it. But that is definitely a theme in my life:)

So I was wondering if it was a theme in yours? And since we are the type to have an answer for everything, my question is, what religion/spirituality (or lack there of) are you and why?

I am NOT trying to start a war! I am just very interested your wonderfully logical, logic for everything!! It is your own opinion and we should all solemly swear not to take offense now, k
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
louzannalady
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:13 AM
I almost became Catholic, so I have a pretty good working knowledge of that church. I love so many if the values it teaches! : ) I feel like you do. I love to learn about other faiths and respect everyone's views on the subject. : )

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Simple answer.. Catholic. Attend Mass several times a week, pray rosary daily, go to Perpetual Adoration several times a month, go to confession monthly, volunteer at my Parish, etc.

More honestly and specifically..  I am a deeply spiritual person who feels connected to other spiritual believers whether they identify as Catholic, Protestant, LDS, Jewish, Buddhist, Pagan, UU, etc. And being a former Atheist of over ten years there is an understanding and connection there, too.. :o)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn355
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:47 AM
I love this! I think its so great, yay!
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I don't really fit into any one religion, I love learning about everything and I do believe that there is some thing good to be said about everyone of them.Until a few years ago I did not believe in any kind of higher power,then events that happened in my life and to those close to me changed my mind that some one or something must have been watching out for us. I just cant see myself sitting in a church,its not for me. When I have a problem or just need time to reflect or think to myself I can be found outside in the middle of our woods sitting quietly and just letting my mind clear of everything but what is around me birds,the running brook,wind whistling through trees and I feel better.I guess I have always done this( really used to freak my mom out when i would disappear into the woods for hours but my dad always understood).So there ya go, I do not have a set religion right now but someday maybe I will figure it out.  

JeniJonas
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:06 AM
same.

Quoting justone_jen:

Atheist.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM
I'm a born again christian.
I attend and am actively involved in my baptist church. I've been attending since I was two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gbcmom
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I could never say this outloud but I am not sure what I believe. My mom would flip. We do not go to church, but do believe in a higher power. Both of us were raised in a christian church. We have just started visiting local churches in our area trying to find a good fit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I love the idea of a house church'!! Seems much more intimate and like it really lends itself to learning and asking questions if there is something you don't understand

Quoting TTC2Long:

Me too! :D I am a follower of Jesus. Simply Jesus. No religion, no church. Dh and I are part of a house church - a group of about 20 people, who meet in each others' homes, study the Gospel and enjoy fellowship. We are definitely not Christian. :)

Quoting MamaJAG:

I am a Christ follower.  (Too many abuse the term Christian)

I aim for a more natural way of life because that is the way we were created to be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nolanzo
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM
4 moms liked this
I'm somewhere between agnostic and atheist... I don't believe in a higher power or a diety of any sort... but I DO believe in the power of Mother Nature if that makes any sense :)

I'm also hugely scientific... there is little more hard proof of anything in this universe than mathematics and the laws of physics :)

This is probably from growing up in a family of scientific educators and mathemeticians. Our house was not unlike the Big Bang Theory :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaForever007
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Same!

Quoting tnunley:

Quoting Sunshine_246:

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You would call me Mormon :-) I'm sure I'm an odd one out for this crowd lol. I was raised this way and after taking some time to decide for myself I decided it feels right. I tend to go by instincts and logic, this choice may seem odd, but to me it was logical and instinctual.

Yay! Me too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.mommywhite3
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I wad baptised LDS (Mormon), but I currently go to a baptist church that I love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN