Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Religion?? OT not stirring up trouble, promise

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay so after my 'natural mom' post it got me thinkin, I know, uh oh right!?! Lol. Alot of you answered that we tend to question alot or are more inquisitive than most. I agree, but had never really thought about it. But that is definitely a theme in my life:)

So I was wondering if it was a theme in yours? And since we are the type to have an answer for everything, my question is, what religion/spirituality (or lack there of) are you and why?

I am NOT trying to start a war! I am just very interested your wonderfully logical, logic for everything!! It is your own opinion and we should all solemly swear not to take offense now, k
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
orangeshirt
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this
We don't practice any religion. We just kind of feel that if you do good things, then in time good things will come to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
circle_of_life
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm spiritual NOT religious. I don't care for religion. I believe in God as the sum of everything that is. The collective consciousness that we are all unique and key parts of. I think when we drop our bodies we return and remember (re-MEMBER) into the body of God and it's the most blissful wonderful moment of our lives. No hell or condemnation nor judgement. Just joyful reunion :)

taurusmom88
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Agnostic, but I kind of an athiest. I believe In the possibility I guess, but am more doubtful than anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I love it. They're my Jesus family. Lol. It's very intimate, very comfortable and definitely an environment where you can ask even the most basic questions and tell your deepest, darkest secrets. We eat potluck brunch, then do a study, maybe working our way through one of the Gospels or something, then more eating and fellowship. You can't just sit there and zone out and you have others who know you well and will hold you accountable. It's a pretty huge blessing to have found this. :)

Quoting comptonkids:

I love the idea of a house church'!! Seems much more intimate and like it really lends itself to learning and asking questions if there is something you don't understand

Quoting TTC2Long:

Me too! :D I am a follower of Jesus. Simply Jesus. No religion, no church. Dh and I are part of a house church - a group of about 20 people, who meet in each others' homes, study the Gospel and enjoy fellowship. We are definitely not Christian. :)

Quoting MamaJAG:

I am a Christ follower.  (Too many abuse the term Christian)

I aim for a more natural way of life because that is the way we were created to be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I'm a Christian, and a member of the Nazarene denomination.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NowImAMom...
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Protestant. I don't really have any logic to back it up. I was baptized protestant, and my son will be baptized tomorrow. To be completely honest though, I'm not sure what I believe. I am baptizing my son because after I left my church and came back for a Christmas service I felt a family like familiarity with being back and I want him to have that too. I don't know. I've thought about converting, but I don't know anything about other religions. And I'm not totally sure how important it is to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a KJV bible believing, born again Christian. Not affiliated with any church or dom. Can't find any unregistered ones so I ditched that route.

I live naturally because God's way is better than man's way

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM
This is me.
I do use the term Christian for ease of reference but I find myself disagreeing with organized religion so we shy away from large worship groups.

Quoting MamaJAG:

I aim for a more natural way of life because that is the way we were created to be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a christain. I believe God to be my Heavenly Father, I believe He sent Jesus to earth to reconcile us to Him and I believe that when Jesus left we were sent the Holy Spirit. I believe in ONE God in three persons (the trinity). I believe that sin has broken us and God is restoring us and is going to do a complete restoration of Heaven and Earth. I believe the bible to be the writen word of God.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Im curious....why not use theword christain...it means Christ follower.....is it because people look on it negatively? Just curious.

Quoting TTC2Long:

I love it. They're my Jesus family. Lol. It's very intimate, very comfortable and definitely an environment where you can ask even the most basic questions and tell your deepest, darkest secrets. We eat potluck brunch, then do a study, maybe working our way through one of the Gospels or something, then more eating and fellowship. You can't just sit there and zone out and you have others who know you well and will hold you accountable. It's a pretty huge blessing to have found this. :)

Quoting comptonkids:

I love the idea of a house church'!! Seems much more intimate and like it really lends itself to learning and asking questions if there is something you don't understand

Quoting TTC2Long:

Me too! :D I am a follower of Jesus. Simply Jesus. No religion, no church. Dh and I are part of a house church - a group of about 20 people, who meet in each others' homes, study the Gospel and enjoy fellowship. We are definitely not Christian. :)

Quoting MamaJAG:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)