Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hello all

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:37 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hello all my name is Tina and I am new to the group. I am asking for any advise anyone has about natural drug free birthing. I am 29 weeks along and will be giving birth right around Christmas. I am not going to be using any meds for my pain during delivery. I would like any sugestions anyone might have one hwat I can do for the pain to help me through the delivery of my baby girl Nellie.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Welcome to the group

Id look into hypnobirthing
And ignore anyone that tells you you wont be able to do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlbmrf
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I will look into that tonight after my clients are in bed. Thank you so much for your reply. 

Oh I already had my sister tell me to just get the eppi and deal with it. Little did she know that I can't have one because of back problems from when I was in a car accident. I am sure I can do it with options out there I just need to know what those options are. What do people think our mothers did when they gave birth to us. There was no meds for them.

Quoting peaches_04:

Welcome to the group

Id look into hypnobirthing
And ignore anyone that tells you you wont be able to do it

croffordsbabys2
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM
First of all: I wouldn't go into the birth setting expecting pain. I'm not saying you won't have pain, but expecting pain can build fear in your mind. And when there is fear, it is harder to cope with the discomfort. Some women I know breathe through the pain, some people disconnect from the pain, and yet still others connect and work with the pain (relaxing into it). My first labor was a little difficult, and I believe that part of the reason was my fear. My second labor lasted far longer but I went into labor in a state of peace and calm. In this second labor, without the aids of any form of pain relievers, I calmed myself as each wave of contraction would start and I would "move" the pain (mentally) from my tummy to another place on my body that I could "handle" better. It took concentration, but it also took reaching a state of complete peace. Hope that helps to give you some ideas. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:57 PM

i would suggest hiring a doula and taking a bradley class. both helped me alot with the birth of my dd

H.I.S.
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Having a good support system for you labor...find people, and a care provider, that help keep you centered and are sources of motivation for you.

Also, a doula can be very helpful. For me, it was reminding myself to take it one contraction at a time and that the pain is productive pain. Laboring & delivering in water was nice too.

Good luck and welcome to the group!

Lilypie - (VOWJ)

tlbmrf
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Thank you. The water laboring we are planning on doing. Our hospital has 2 labor tubs. We can't deliver in them but can labor in them.

Quoting H.I.S.:

Having a good support system for you labor...find people, and a care provider, that help keep you centered and are sources of motivation for you.

Also, a doula can be very helpful. For me, it was reminding myself to take it one contraction at a time and that the pain is productive pain. Laboring & delivering in water was nice too.

Good luck and welcome to the group!

hcplaskus
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM
I'd just say go with it. I went from birthing ball to bath tub to the staircase and from the right side to the left side..but through every contraction, I inhaled through my nose and exhaled through my mouth, as slowly and deeply as possible. I also rocked my hips and closed my eyes. Also! Smile in between contractions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Welcome to the group, Tina! My advice.. do lots of research and hire a doula! 

laurade024
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM
This!!! Also take MP3 player and song lol

Quoting rmgriffberg:

i would suggest hiring a doula and taking a bradley class. both helped me alot with the birth of my dd

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Welcome! Having a good support system is a must! Also labor as long as you can at home so there is no temptation or doctors/nurses telling you what to do. Trusting your body it knows what to do. A quote I love and really sums it up is "You can't control the waves but you can learn how to surf" I don't remember who its from. Go with the contractions cause each one gets you closer to your baby. Also watch lots of videos. Focus on how the moms faces look when her baby comes out. Huge encoragment! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)