Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hello all my name is Tina and I am new to the group. I am asking for any advise anyone has about natural drug free birthing. I am 29 weeks along and will be giving birth right around Christmas. I am not going to be using any meds for my pain during delivery. I would like any sugestions anyone might have one hwat I can do for the pain to help me through the delivery of my baby girl Nellie.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Replies (11-19):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Welcome!

haleykj
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM
That's how our hospital was too but hey look the other way so to speak. They can't "force" you out because then it becomes a safety concern for them but in my case they were encouraging me to give birth in the tub.

Quoting tlbmrf:

Thank you. The water laboring we are planning on doing. Our hospital has 2 labor tubs. We can't deliver in them but can labor in them.

Quoting H.I.S.:

Having a good support system for you labor...find people, and a care provider, that help keep you centered and are sources of motivation for you.

Also, a doula can be very helpful. For me, it was reminding myself to take it one contraction at a time and that the pain is productive pain. Laboring & delivering in water was nice too.

Good luck and welcome to the group!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Hi there, and welcome:)
Believe in yourself....heck, by the time you actually really "want" it, its to late anyway, lol.
Have a support system.
I knew I didn't want anything, but came to terms with acceptance "if" I changed my mind....and somehow that allowance was enough to not get anything.
Mind over matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Welcome!!

My advice,,,, Research your options.  Learn what your body is capable of.  (It is AMAZING!!!)  Hire a doula.  Make a birth plan so everyone knows what you want from your birth.

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Welcome to the group, Tina! 

tlbmrf
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM

thank you

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Welcome to the group, Tina! 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Agreed.. :o)

Quoting rmgriffberg: I would suggest hiring a doula and taking a bradley class. Both helped me alot with the birth of my dd.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Welcome!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Welcome Tina!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN