Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

vent on vaccines.

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm looking to vent I guess. About vaccines, not vaccinating. My daughter is not vaccinated do to religious beliefs, and I am only partially vaccinated(because of my parental units/not religiously motivated), my partner(not daughter's bio father) has been vaccinated fully+. I work, go to school-my daughter goes to daycare, and partner works in military as well as civilian job. We have a functioning life, nobody really gets sick..blah blah blah..
My issue is that I keep seeing all these things saying unvaccinated children should not be allowed in public schools...sitting here stewing over that idea- if that actually came to be reality..Why stop there?? I mean, why not ban u.v. children from public in general? Aren't they still a risk in the grocery store? Or why not ban them from stepping foot outside their homes? These seem logical to happen considering the tantrums people throw. And why the heck are u.v. children the only targets?? Why is nobody protesting me, or a n.v. adult from going to work or school?
Plus, if those vaccines work as well as they are suppose to, why do people get freaked out by others being u.v.?
*done ranting*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya.  The whole fight is just ridiculous, like everything else. 

melindabelcher
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally feel you.
It's very judgmental and rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, 100%.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. If vaccines work and their kids are vaccinated then why are they scared?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Their whole argument is completely unfounded. It should be the parent's choice, not the governments!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:21 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Quoting jconney80:

I agree. If vaccines work and their kids are vaccinated then why are they scared?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Vaccines aren't magic potions. I do agree that banning these kids from school is not the right way to go about trying to convince their parents to vaccinate them, but it does bother me when I think about how many I people I might be interacting wih that may be carrying these diseases. My sons not fully vaccinated yet, he's just a baby. What if he gets the measles from someone? That scares me. My grandmother spent most of her childhood in a hospital because of contagious diseases. I don't want that for anybody.
littlelambe2
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this
A vaccinated person can be a carrier.

Quoting polkaspots:

Vaccines aren't magic potions. I do agree that banning these kids from school is not the right way to go about trying to convince their parents to vaccinate them, but it does bother me when I think about how many I people I might be interacting wih that may be carrying these diseases. My sons not fully vaccinated yet, he's just a baby. What if he gets the measles from someone? That scares me. My grandmother spent most of her childhood in a hospital because of contagious diseases. I don't want that for anybody.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:20 AM
Yes, but they would have had to have gotten it from somewhere. I don't blame people for not vaccinating. It's just another one of those things that keep me up at night.
Quoting littlelambe2:

littlelambe2
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My point is, is that the unvaxed ones get the blame even though they aren't the only ones to pose danger. No "vaccine-preventable" disease has been eradicated (besides small pox, which still hangs out in science labs and could end up showing face). Therefore, any disease still poses a risk. Even if you're vaccinated against it, you do not have 100% immunity. Technically, any person can carry any virus on his "shirtsleeves". I would venture to say that vaccinated people may pose greater risk as they are more likely to be silent carriers (show no symptoms, but can pass on the disease). Even an unvaxed person with natural immunity can carry certain viruses and expose others. Some people can have an excellent immune system that fights off certain diseases (common examples are colds and the flu) with hardly a symptom and still infect another whose immune system is poor. I don't mean to contribute to your sleepless nights, but if you truly think about it, no one is 100% safe to be around! The best way to protect yourself is common sense - avoid the sick, wash your hands, practise good hygiene, and keep your immune system up.

Quoting polkaspots:

Yes, but they would have had to have gotten it from somewhere. I don't blame people for not vaccinating. It's just another one of those things that keep me up at night.

Quoting littlelambe2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN