Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I thought EBF meant NO period??

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM
  • 39 Replies

I'm 4 weeks PP and exclusively BF'ing and I'm pretty sure I have my period. I thought BF'ing would keep it from coming back for months! I was only spotting for the last week or so and since yesterday I've had heavy bleeding non stop. *sigh*

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:01 PM
It could be pp bleeding still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Hahahaha whoever told u LIED! after I had my son I bled for 7wks. Then I stopped for a wk. then started for a wk back and forth for 2 mos. My dr. said its normal and bf doesnt make it stop for everyone. Mine regulated after I went to see him and I had it as regularly as I did before I got prego.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Could be PP or it could be the real thing. Some women never miss a beat going back to regular cycles after birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Everyone is different am 5 mts pp and no period
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I EBF my son and it came back at 2.5 months post partum. That isn't always the case for everyone! I'm tandem nursing and it didn't come back for 10 months post partum. So for me it took nursing two kids day and night to keep it away lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM
That's what I was thinking

Quoting jellyphish:

It could be pp bleeding still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ren109
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:16 PM

At 4 weeks it might still be pp bleeding. I was never one of the lucky ones that skip it though. All three times she reared her ugly head right on time.

hapababies
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I am one of those unlucky gals that gets my period 4 weeks pp and every 4 weeks even though I ebf. I also can get pregnant while ebf. Yayyyyyy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Didn't work.for me. Heck. I thought the combo of EFB and mirena would be double protection from monthlies. No such luck for me this time around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rlambert6002
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Unfortunately not always. With my others that were ebf the earliest I got my period back was 8 months pp. This time it came at 6 weeks on the dot. The even crappier thing is that I have always had a 28 day cycle...always. So I should have started yesterday but didn't. I'm hoping maybe that period at 6 weeks was a fluke and I wont have another for many months! That would be fine with me. I just don't want to have an unpredictable irregular cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN