Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Slings

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 15 Replies

Ok so I had to sell my K'Tan wraps (which I LOVED) :(  

So I want to be able to carry my almost 9 month old for the next year or so at least and I cant afford an Ergo. So I was curious about the ring slings and how much they run compared to how much to make one. Also does anyone have a link to a good site with instructions to make one. 

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM
I personally wouldn't recommend a rs for a babe that big, after a while they hurt! Frogmama has new mei tais on Clerence and they sell used. I have an rs, mt, pouch sling and woven wrap and the mt is hands down the most comfy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Ive looked at the mt before, I like how they are made. Im also looking for  something to back carry my almost 4 year old and he probably roughly 30 pounds so a tiny guy. Wish I had the money to invest in a couple Ergos. 

Quoting jellyphish:

I personally wouldn't recommend a rs for a babe that big, after a while they hurt! Frogmama has new mei tais on Clerence and they sell used. I have an rs, mt, pouch sling and woven wrap and the mt is hands down the most comfy.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Yeah mts back carry too, I believe up to 35 lbs.
IMHO, ergos are overrated and overpriced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM
I wasn't even a huge fan of my ergo. I actually just sold it last week. I adore my Beco and use it to back carry McKenzie all.the time. She's about 18 pounds and I barely feel her on my back. I bought mine.used.for about 60 I think..they are definitely spendy. I have never used a MT but I know.lots make them so they are probably easier to get cheaper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Have you tried the facebook swap?

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

ya ive been looking on the ones in my area, there are about 6 of them in all one for only baby and kids stuff lol also craigslist and if i dont find anything by next month im going into a non-profit place that i donate my used stuff too and see if they will keep and eye out for me if they dont have one

Quoting JoJoBean8:

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM

There is a group on fb that is just for buying used carriers. You can place and ISO post. 

Quoting Nicolle_09:

ya ive been looking on the ones in my area, there are about 6 of them in all one for only baby and kids stuff lol also craigslist and if i dont find anything by next month im going into a non-profit place that i donate my used stuff too and see if they will keep and eye out for me if they dont have one

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM

oh really! I got find the group

Quoting JoJoBean8:

There is a group on fb that is just for buying used carriers. You can place and ISO post. 

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep in mind nice carriers can be found secondhand at local consignment stores! 

littlelambe2
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM
You can also make your own k'tan :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN