Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Emilination Comunication.

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

Talk to me about it.
How / when do I start?

Have you done it?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Honeybunches26
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 4:47 PM

i also want to know about this... so heres a little bump

Kristin0728
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:20 PM

As far as I know, you must start immediately. I really think it will be hard to start any later than birth. I REALLY wanted to do this, but didn't see it as a possibility because I go out a lot. But if you read your baby well and are determined, I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. I tried it with my second but had a lot of trouble because the hospital put him in diapers and I wasn't able to get up to go to the bathroom with him. 

Having your baby at home, vs a hospital and natural vs epidural or pitocin, can be a huge deciding factor in if it will work. Baby wearing helps A LOT.  Baby wearing is great for bonding, pulse regulation, tempurature regulation, social development, communication and so much more. Look into ring slings. And I have read that vaccines may hinder the EC process by slowing babys development or causing bladder problems. So look into that if you are thinking seriously about this. (Neither of my kids are vaxed anyway, so this is just something I came across researching the two)

DiaperFreeBaby.org is a great resource for moms wanting to EC. 

Now you've got me thinking I want to try it with my third..... lol

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I did EC with my now 5 yr old. We started at about 2 months. At 8 months I went back to work 4 days a week and he was in diapers at the sitter, we ECd in the evening and days off. Our goal was ti keep using the toilet an every day part of life. Gradually he went more and more in the toilet and was dry day and night by 18 months. Check out tribalbaby site.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaloveG
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Babywearing and non vax... check!
I know you can start later and not do it full time, so maybe if #2 is still in diapers, give it a try!

Quoting Kristin0728:

As far as I know, you must start immediately. I really think it will be hard to start any later than birth. I REALLY wanted to do this, but didn't see it as a possibility because I go out a lot. But if you read your baby well and are determined, I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. I tried it with my second but had a lot of trouble because the hospital put him in diapers and I wasn't able to get up to go to the bathroom with him. 

Having your baby at home, vs a hospital and natural vs epidural or pitocin, can be a huge deciding factor in if it will work. Baby wearing helps A LOT.  Baby wearing is great for bonding, pulse regulation, tempurature regulation, social development, communication and so much more. Look into ring slings. And I have read that vaccines may hinder the EC process by slowing babys development or causing bladder problems. So look into that if you are thinking seriously about this. (Neither of my kids are vaxed anyway, so this is just something I came across researching the two)

DiaperFreeBaby.org is a great resource for moms wanting to EC. 

Now you've got me thinking I want to try it with my third..... lol

CafeMom Tickers

doulala
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I started a little later, near 5 months.    It's ideal to start at the beginning.   By 6 months-ish can make it all harder.

If you are able to do it, ggreat!
Being the primary care provider & AP helps, imo.

;-)

GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN