Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

toddler hands in shirt

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:46 AM
  • 12 Replies

How can I help my toddler keep his hands out of my shirt every time he sits on my lap?

He only nurses a few times a day (usually bedtime and naptime) but insists on rubbing his hands up and down my ribs and breasts all the time. I have some pectus anomalies so my ribcage is very sensitive and I don't want him touching it all the time.

He gets really upset if I ask him to stop or move his hands.

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:54 AM
You just have to kindly ask him not to and remove his hands. Sometimes kiddos have to get upset to learn proper boundaries.
Also try having something to give him when he starts doing it, an interesting toy or something soft to rub.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:12 AM

my son does the same thing!

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Nursing Manners should help..  :o) 

SadieJames
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:57 PM
My friend breast feeds her 2 year old (which I fully support!) but he does this to me when he sits in my lap and it makes me extremely uncomfortable. It's so bad I won't sit when he's near me. Please set rules if you can! She thinks its "cute" but I hate it. I try to only see her when I know he's at daycare : (
Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I'll keep doing this, hopefully it will be better in a few days!

I feel bad taking a comfort thing away from him but it really bothers me so hopefully we can find something else that will work for him.

Quoting larissalarie:

You just have to kindly ask him not to and remove his hands. Sometimes kiddos have to get upset to learn proper boundaries.
Also try having something to give him when he starts doing it, an interesting toy or something soft to rub.

Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM

So far he only does it to me but I always watch when we're with others. I wouldn't like it if someone else's child did that to me either :/

Quoting SadieJames:

My friend breast feeds her 2 year old (which I fully support!) but he does this to me when he sits in my lap and it makes me extremely uncomfortable. It's so bad I won't sit when he's near me. Please set rules if you can! She thinks its "cute" but I hate it. I try to only see her when I know he's at daycare : (

Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Nursing Manners should help..  :o) 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

bump

rachelrothchild
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM

You'll have to deal with him getting upset until he learns.

tami_n_joe
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 5:49 PM
My son does the same thing but he stopped nursing almost a year ago. he just always wants to pinch my breast.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)