Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

uhhh.... Hollywood calls attachment parenting bizzare.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM
  • 19 Replies

So I really couldn't care less about the article. although the baby is adorable. But I watched the video at the end, and, is it just me? Or are you a little offended as well that the things they refer to as "bizzare parenting", to me, seems totally natural and logical?

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/goddess/meet-reese-witherspoon-son-tennessee-214447875.html

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachelrothchild
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Why do we care what they think?

Duquesne
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Exactly.

Quoting rachelrothchild:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Its not exactly that I CARE so much, as it makes me sad that they portray the most normal, natural way to raise your kids as being weird. I find it disturbing that the US population has gone so much towards formula, and CIO, and all the other things that I though most natural parenting moms didn't agree with. I figured the ladies in this group would kind of understand where I'm coming from on this. Guess I was wrong.
Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM

It's rude. I wouldn't call (just about) any other type of type of parenting bizarre either.

AP is natural and logical and instinctive for most parents, I would agree with you.

xotatiannaxo
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM

It is rude, but ehhh whatever, it doesnt bother me.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tree-Tree
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM
I understand where you are coming from. People in Hollywood and the media etc use their babies and children as accessories. When they don't need them or have other things to do they always have the nanny right there to take over after the happy family photo shoot lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Its not surprising rha Hollywood would call something natural as bizzare. They have have it all backwards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:13 PM

SMH

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I agree op that's just rude, but its Hollywood so that can be expected I guess. Maybe HW just thinks its so bizarre because they are finally seeing celebrities start taking a interest in their own children and what may be best for them, In stead of having a nanny or boarding school raise them.  

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Because hollywood influences young moms who raise our children's peers.

Quoting rachelrothchild:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)