Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diolated kidney tubes! help!

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 5 Replies

So the ultra sound showed my babies kidney tubes were dilated. They said if  it doesn't correct it's self the babie would need stents put in!! I was woundering if anyone else has come across this? Was there any foods or things you might of done to help aid the situation?

reaching out to the mothers out there :D

Have a great day!

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
I'm sorry that they found a problem with baby, I hope it resolves itself!!
Sorry I don't know anything about this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
issoaisavi5
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

My baby had this too.  It corrected itself.  They had done a second ultrasound towards the end of my pregnancy and they were still dialated.  My doc told me to not worry, most of the time it's something that fixes its self after birth within a week or two.  While we were still in the hospital they checked her and they were already back to normal.  There was nothing I did different to "fix" them.

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Quoting larissalarie: I'm sorry that they found a problem with baby, I hope it resolves itself!! Sorry I don't know anything about this.

fitbaby
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM

thankyou so much! Makes me feel better.. i was starting to get a little stressed over it. My first baby and everything i jsut want it to be healthy. and tackle the normal new born stuff.

JMmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Same. My youngest boy had that. The doctor said that usually they correct before birth or shortly after. I was being followed closely because of some other issues but at a later ultrasound it had corrected. I asked about what would happen after birth if they didnt correctand they said they would put stints in as a worst case scenario and even that was not a big deal.

Quoting issoaisavi5:

My baby had this too.  It corrected itself.  They had done a second ultrasound towards the end of my pregnancy and they were still dialated.  My doc told me to not worry, most of the time it's something that fixes its self after birth within a week or two.  While we were still in the hospital they checked her and they were already back to normal.  There was nothing I did different to "fix" them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)