Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do any of you go to a natural dentist?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

i have heard that comfrey leaves and root can be applied to teeth along with consuming organic egg shells to help fill cavities and improve gum health.  ever heard about this?!?

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tansyflower
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM

p.s.  i am thinking of trying to make a toothpaste or mouth wash!  if you have a recipe to share i would greatly appreciate it :)

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM
No. But a comfrey compress regenerates and heals broken bones super fast, so it makes sense. Pretty sure you can't ingest it tho, so be careful.

Tooth paste: mix a few drops of peppermint oil to some bs. If desired, mix in some vegetable glycerine until pasty.

Mouthwash: no more than six drops total peppermint oil, with optional orange or clove oils. Add to 32 oz water, shake before use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM

from what i have read people with liver issues should not ingest comfrey at all, and yes you are right its just held in the mouth not swallowed!

i also read that if you use toothpaste (even natural toothpaste) that contains glycerin it will make a barrier that wont let the comfrey saturate the tooth and gums!

thanks for the recipes :)

Quoting jellyphish:

No. But a comfrey compress regenerates and heals broken bones super fast, so it makes sense. Pretty sure you can't ingest it tho, so be careful.

Tooth paste: mix a few drops of peppermint oil to some bs. If desired, mix in some vegetable glycerine until pasty.

Mouthwash: no more than six drops total peppermint oil, with optional orange or clove oils. Add to 32 oz water, shake before use.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM
That's all good to know!

If you try the comfrey, let us know how it works for ya.

Quoting tansyflower:

from what i have read people with liver issues should not ingest comfrey at all, and yes you are right its just held in the mouth not swallowed!

i also read that if you use toothpaste (even natural toothpaste) that contains glycerin it will make a barrier that wont let the comfrey saturate the tooth and gums!

thanks for the recipes :)

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

never heard of this. mrs. salz gave me a natural toothpaste recipe that is delish!!! but i forgot to bookmark it so here's a bump for both of us on this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)