Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Tell me about your natural delievery!

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 33 Replies

I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant with baby #2. With DS I was induced for going over my due date. With this baby though I am determined to go all natural but I'm scared out of my mind!  So let me hear your birth stories to give me courage. Maybe if I start building myself up now I wont be scared when the big day finally comes!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Very easy. 45 minute labor, no pain meds, little pain after.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

don't be scared, happened the same with me, and I was scared I had to be induced again....don't listen what they say and what people wants you to think about labor, it only lasts a few hours, and you can do it, all women until now did it since the beginning of times, just relax, take a bradley class and relax :)

Chillisarah
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to let fear go.  Once you do that you can have a gentle/peaceful birth.  Read Hypnobirthing: The Mongan Method.  I read it and had an amazing waterbirth.  

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
At 41w had acupuncture done. I was in active labor for a total of three hours. I labored in a tub and it was amazing. I birthed on all fours and it was incredible. My body was in control. I was in control. And everything just happened. It was WAAAAAY easier, less painful, less stressful, more fulfilling than my first medicated delivery.
None of that would have happened if I let fear overpower me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
6.5hr from start to finish completely unassisted home water birth as my 2nd vbac.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Your labor should go even faster with your second and because your not going to be induced.  Already you have so much going for you, I'm sure it will go great.

littlelambe2
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM

First: ctx started about 8 mins apart. When they got to 2-3 mins I went into the hospital and was checked and found to be at a 5. Ctx got closer and more intense. Transition hit and dd was born in 4 pushes. She was op (came out sunny side up) so my labor and delivery was a bit more intense but it was completely manageable. She came 9 days past due. Total labor tme was 10.5 hrs. I was at the hospital for 4 hrs before she was born. No medical interventions. Labored standing, leaning on a counter through intense contractions, and also in the shower. Pushed half standing on the floor half kneeling on the bed. 

Second: this baby was posterior too. My ctx started at 7 mins apart. Stayed that way. I went into the hospital when I started feeling giddy (about 7 hrs of easy labor had passed). I was at a 5 but baby wasn't engaged. Labored for about 3.5 hrs with my ctx still only 7 mins apart. Baby turned, engaged, and was born 40 mins later. It was another natural, med free intervention free labor and delivery. I labored on a birthing ball, then leaning on the counter and squatting at the end of intense contractions. I pushed using a squatting bar. This labor was way easier as the ctx were so far apart. But mentally, I thought I'd be in labor for days because the ctx seemed too easy. Haha. This one was 10 days past my edd. 

Don't worry about going "overdue". You're not technically overdue until you're past 42 weeks. You can (and should) refuse induction unless medically necessary. 

MyIslandGirls
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 12 weeks too!!! with #4 though..... when are you due?

My last 3 were all spontanious deliveries... #1 and 3 were non medicated.. #2 i had 2 puffs of that gas stuff then told the nurse off and threw it at her.. and pushed my baby out.

#1 was 3 hours long.. #3 was 1 hour and 18 minutes long.. i had no time to do anything but PUSH with him.. lol

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM

bump

larissalarie
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM
First baby I was woefully unprepared to handle the pain. I honestly thought it wasn't going to be that bad, I thought sure it hurts, but women are exaggeating (because my personal experience with illness, menstrual cramps, broken bones, surgery were that they aren't THAT bad but what I hear others say would make you believe it was horrible) After weeks of leading fluid and having regular contractions, water broke at 9:00 something in the morning and baby was born at 2:30 that afternoon. I felt like I'd rather be dead in the interim :-) (and as I was pushing, I was given an episiotomy without consent, so technically it wasn't a natural birth)

Baby two & three only took about 2 hours from the time my water broke (although with #3 I actually started labor before and went to the hospital at a 6, those contractions before water breaking were so easy and didn't even qualify as pain. I only went in because of how fast my last labor went and we'd been snowed in the 2 days prior with more snow on the way) I knew the contractions would be intense & painful, so that helped. My best strategy when I wanted to cave for pain meds was to tell myself I'd give it 30 more minutes and then maybe I'd let myself. 30 minutes is short enough that you can stand anything and it buys you time and gets you closer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)