Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me about your natural delievery!

I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant with baby #2. With DS I was induced for going over my due date. With this baby though I am determined to go all natural but I'm scared out of my mind!  So let me hear your birth stories to give me courage. Maybe if I start building myself up now I wont be scared when the big day finally comes!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
airforcewife90
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM
I'm due may 28th. You should join the may due date group. There are a lot of them due with #3 or more.

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

I'm 12 weeks too!!! with #4 though..... when are you due?

My last 3 were all spontanious deliveries... #1 and 3 were non medicated.. #2 i had 2 puffs of that gas stuff then told the nurse off and threw it at her.. and pushed my baby out.

#1 was 3 hours long.. #3 was 1 hour and 18 minutes long.. i had no time to do anything but PUSH with him.. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
airforcewife90
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Thanks ladies! I know I want this birth to go completely different than my first. I have a sil coming who is a massage therapist so maybe that will help. Unfortunately a water birth is out for me since the hospital here doesn't have tubs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess52021
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:39 AM
I experience pain med with my first. My second one i had Zero pain med.. Iwould perfer having thepain medi. Its not that bad, it hurts!!! But i did only went through it for 2hrs after my water broke if labor was longer than that oh hell iwouldnt be able to do it lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MyIslandGirls
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I'm due May 25th.

I'm pretty natrually minded when it comes to birth.. I'm afraid I wouldn't fit in a due date group well.

Quoting airforcewife90:

I'm due may 28th. You should join the may due date group. There are a lot of them due with #3 or more.

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

My last 3 were all spontanious deliveries... #1 and 3 were non medicated.. #2 i had 2 puffs of that gas stuff then told the nurse off and threw it at her.. and pushed my baby out.

#1 was 3 hours long.. #3 was 1 hour and 18 minutes long.. i had no time to do anything but PUSH with him.. lol

Candice- Mom of 3 beautiful children! K (Jan 01) E (Feb 06) M (Oct 09) In Training to be a Post Partum Doula (Ancient Comfort Doula Services) I am a babywearer, a breastfeeder, a farm living, dog loving, spiritual being. I believe that all children have the right to WHOLE bodies, and free health care. I am Canadian who is spiritually married to a Funny, Sweet Frenchman whose cooking is food for the soul. My blog is 3 Kids Then Me  Check it out.

MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this
I was 8 days past my due date. I went in for the standard NST to make sure I got the go ahead to stay pregnant but told the midwife I was pretty sure I was feeling contractions. This was a big deal b/c I hadn't felt any until then and in my family we tend to not feel contractions until the big day. My midwife checked me and I was 4-5cm dilated. She told me that there was a good chance I'd be going to the birth center that night!

We went home and I ate some panda express and did some things around the house to pass the time. All day long contractions were so uncomfortable that I didn't want to sit but not all that painful. We went to burger king that night and I got some pie...my last meal lol.

My bf then went to bed because he was supposed to work at 6am. I tried to lay down but kept getting up and pacing. I sat on the exercise ball a little and just walked and walked. My contractions were 2 min apart by 10pm but something told mne to not go in yet. They spread out to about 3 min apart so I kept pacing.
Finally at 1am they were 2 min apart again and I called. They said come on in so I woke my bf. I was so nervous and excited!!

I was 6cm dilated when I got to the hospital. I paced the room constantly while they monitored me every so often with a portable Doppler. I got in the tub for maybe 30 min then paced some more. At 6 am I started doubting myself so I knew I was getting close. Lol. My water broke all over the floor at 6:20. I was so exhausted that I finally got in bed about 6:40 and was pushing by around 7:15. My beautiful baby was born at 7:48am

I didn't tear and now (almost 10 months later) I barely remember the pain. I can't wait for my next natural birth. It was so empowering!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
airforcewife90
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:09 AM
You would be surprised! A lot are having home births and other things naturally

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

I'm due May 25th.

I'm pretty natrually minded when it comes to birth.. I'm afraid I wouldn't fit in a due date group well.

Quoting airforcewife90:

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Bump
lactatingloon
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Contractions started at 2 am I finally couldn't sleep between them any more at 5:30 am they were about 7 min apart, by 7 am they were about 3.5 min apart. By 8 am they were about 2 min apart so my dh and I finally decided to go to the hospital lol. By 8:30 I was in the gown and dialated to a 5. 15 min later I was at an 8 and my water broke, ten min later I was at a 10. 9:44 am he was here! I tore like crazy and if it hadn't been for that I could have just went right back to normal the next day lol everything heals and this is what your body is built to do!! You can do it! Do yourself a favor and wait until the last minute to go to the hospital if youre doing a hospital birth so you cant get an epidheral even if you want to! Lol total labor time 7 hrs 44 mins time at hospital 1 hr 34 min :) you can do it! I brought a picture of my mom, grandma and great grandma with me and the labor nurse was like 'whats the story here?' I said between the three of them they had 23 natural births I can sure as hell have one!
Lactating Loon. "Every child has the potential to be the light of the world"
H.I.S.
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:33 PM

And good luck to you! Natural birth is so amazing :)

Lilypie - (VOWJ)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)