Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i just outted myself on fb lol

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM
  • 29 Replies
3 moms liked this

my friend made a post about some mystery company that saves you buttloads of money at places like walmart, target, homedepot, etc. i asked her if she could clue me in for when we move back, which started the why not now convo and basically she asked "don't you buy toilet paper or paper towels from walmart or something?" i said not very often at all we do all reuseable. which started a discussion on cloth diapers, family cloth, momma cloth, cleaners, unpaper towels, and instead cups. lmao!!! she was somewhat mortified but not totatlly turned off. i've never outted myself on how crunchy i am on fb before though. lol.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Notes:

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sj3starz
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:24 AM
So you use feminine products that are cloth? I was hoping to get into that, but then got pregnant. If you do, then do you recommend a kind to buy or did you make them? The one kind I found online was expensive for me for start up. It was worse than cloth diapering supplies for my daughter at start up. Anyway... Recommendations?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Yes I do. The ones I have I made from scraps. I'm getting a bunch from a lady who only tried one of the set and didn't work out. Not sure the brand. I also use instead cups.

Quoting sj3starz:

So you use feminine products that are cloth? I was hoping to get into that, but then got pregnant. If you do, then do you recommend a kind to buy or did you make them? The one kind I found online was expensive for me for start up. It was worse than cloth diapering supplies for my daughter at start up. Anyway... Recommendations?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sj3starz
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Not fond of cups mostly because of beliefs about the womans body cleansing itself. What kind of scraps did you use? Do you have a water proof backing or just make sure you don't over use them? I was thinking cutting down cloth diaper inserts would be nifty and cheaper, but think the backing would offer me more confidence. Did you use a way to keep them in place?

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Yes I do. The ones I have I made from scraps. I'm getting a bunch from a lady who only tried one of the set and didn't work out. Not sure the brand. I also use instead cups.

Quoting sj3starz:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:05 AM

:)

Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I have some with PUL in the middle that I bought on etsy. I really like them!

They aren't as absorbent as disposables so they usually need to be changed before they would leak through the bottom. The PUL is nice for overnights though, just in case.

Quoting sj3starz:

Not fond of cups mostly because of beliefs about the womans body cleansing itself. What kind of scraps did you use? Do you have a water proof backing or just make sure you don't over use them? I was thinking cutting down cloth diaper inserts would be nifty and cheaper, but think the backing would offer me more confidence. Did you use a way to keep them in place?

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting sj3starz:

alteschulemom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Very few people know how cruchy my life is.  I some times forget because it's just normal life to me now.  I happen to live in a very crunchy area and every time I do some thing new my sister just shakes her head in disbelief.  But she adjusts and moves on.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Haha hope it was a good day for you.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I have not been outted :)
EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM

cups don't really prevent you from cleansing yourself. they just allow what your body to cleanse itself into the cup instead of out onto the pad. but i use a combo so maybe that makes a difference? anywho....i used a pul backing. the one i liked most has 2 layers of microfiber inbetween the pul and flannel. the only thing i didn't like about flannel was how much it stained. i tried a few with the fleece next to my skin which was comfy and such, but the kind of fleece i had didnt' allow for fast absorption so i'm never sure how full the pad is. kwim?if you look up momma cloth patterns there are several ways to hold it in place. some have wings that span out and snap under your underwear, others just have 2 taps that snap under the underwear. i like the tabs version better for my own sewing because it's less bulky, but a commercial brand of a better seamstress probably could make the wings version work quite well. i'm just kind of bad at it. lol

Quoting sj3starz:

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting sj3starz:

Notes:

EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sarah725:

I have not been outted :)

lol! wait til she watches me prep for a homebirth and bf a 2 yr old. my friend is gonna have a cow. lol. how do you keep it secret? lol

Notes:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN