Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How do I wash an Ergo?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM
  • 8 Replies
My ds loves to be in the ergo:) he gnaws on the straps and as a result, my ergo is pretty funky:/ it needs to be washed!! Any tips/words of caution before I throw this puppy into the washing machine? Thanks:)
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM
I just put mine in the wash on the gentle cycle then hang dry. If he is chewing in the straps those carseat strap covers that places like Walmart sell work great!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM
You can get ergo teething pads that snap onto the ergo. They are a bit pricey, but a good investment when you consider that the manufacturer
recommends that ergo's aren't supposed to be washed often.
I have had to wash mine due to me spilling food all over it. I washed it on gentle and cold. I think you are not supposed to sun dry or put it in the dryer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitchen.sink
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Cold wash, gentle cycle, and then hang to dry.

FebPenguins
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Quoting kitchen.sink:

Really OT, but I love your screen name. Any back story you'd be willing to share. If I had to guess, is it because we as moms tend to bring everything but the kitchen sink? That is the running joke at my house. One day I was joking over the phone to my mom about the fact that I had broght the kitchen sink and my daughters face was priceless. She didn't get that it was a joke....anyway.... Welcome to the group!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:38 PM
I'd hand wash if you can!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I am wondering the same thing, my boba and ergo need washing

kitchen.sink
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting kitchen.sink:

Really OT, but I love your screen name. Any back story you'd be willing to share. If I had to guess, is it because we as moms tend to bring everything but the kitchen sink? That is the running joke at my house. One day I was joking over the phone to my mom about the fact that I had broght the kitchen sink and my daughters face was priceless. She didn't get that it was a joke....anyway.... Welcome to the group!

Thank you! The saying, "Everything but the kitchen sink," seems to sum up my life pretty well!  ;)

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

This....  :o) 

Quoting kitchen.sink: Cold wash, gentle cycle, and then hang to dry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)