Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Waterbirths! What posion aided you the most? With the delivery or leaving pain? THX

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello experieced mothers :). So looking at water births and been doing research.. watching people do the labor ball. What's something you would recommend/discourage for waterbirths.. Labor ball advice too would be great. So waterbirth posions or recommendations and labor ball. thankyou kindly God bless

Hope you enjoyed your day with your little one!!

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Replies (11-16):
fitbaby
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:11 PM

thankyou everyone for your replys so helpful! I know i got the good 3 mths to go yet.. but with the holidays, and a wedding .. it'll go sooo fast! This is so fun talking to all of you hehehe This a mama get away... have a great night everyone!!

fitbaby
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM

thanks everyone for your input.. great suggestions and encouragment!  I know these next couple months will go fast.. Picken up the crib this wk! Excited!

fitbaby
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Yeah I've done research on the birth ball watching different methods how to rotate on to relieve pain etc.. Thx for all the detail! I think I'm worring to much and prep  i like to be throughly planned on important matters.

H.I.S.
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM

For labor - on all fours

For birth - squatting/leaning back

I had my 1st water birth 3 months ago :)

Lilypie - (VOWJ)

DragonX
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I labored in the tub for like 8 hours and for me personally just sitting on my butt was the most comfortable, and during a contraction I would kind of sway side to side. Having my upper body forward in any way, like on all fours or leaning forward, was damn near excruciating but I tried for a while in hope that she would turn to face the right way (she was facing the side and it caused awful back labor). I didn't have a plan for what position I'd deliver in but I imagine I would have just squatted if I had stayed in the tub.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fitbaby
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM

By a good portion of the blogs; I've been hearing all fours is a popular position.  I've also been looking up ways yo relieve back labor as well.. I have a feeling i'll be getting that too.  thanks for you're reply!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN