Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Mrs.Salz post on toddler quitting sugar got me motivated to do the same. I left my 27 month old at my MILs house for an hr while I took my 2 wk old to a doctors appointment. When I came back, I walked in on my 2 yr old finishing a whole Hershey's chocolate bar. Eating one of those makes ME sick. And dd pretty much ate it for a meal. So I told dh about it and we decided have dd go cold turkey on the sugar. We didn't realize how much candy she was actually eating!! We knew she had some every day, but we didn't realize how it was affecting her until we actually stopped to think about it. Too much sugar makes her downright mean and full of attitude. 

day 1 was a little bit horrible. She was moody and going through withdrawals. She was asking for candy all day long. 

Today was day 2. Dd was getting cranky on the way back home from church so I gave her the snack bag. Little did I know what was hidden at the bottom of it (from another day). Dd found it. A little stick of "Bit O Honey". She seriously reminded me of an addict the way she was holding onto it and trying to eat the candy THROUGH the wrapper.  :/

Excuse the fuzziness. 

Aside from the first bout of moodiness, she does seem to be doing better already. Time will tell :)

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Replies (11-16):
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

It is INSANE how diet affects kids.  My ds CANNOT have just cereal for breakfast.  He is insane and hard to handle the whole and it doesn't matter what kind of cereal it is. It doesn't fill him up and then his glucose levels are all over the whole day. He HAS to have egg, meat of some kind, and grains every morning for breakfast.  It takes SOO much strength to do what is best for your kids. Seriously! KUDOS to YoU!!!!

graycalico
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Way to go! They say you train they're taste buds early on so if you teach them to crave veggies and fruit now than later that us what they crave as adults. I'm working on cutting sweets too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Good job.. :o) 

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:29 AM

And Good Luck! 

peaches_04
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM
We seriously need to do this....after the Halloween stash is gone of course:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I can't wait to hear how day #3 goes!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN