Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Taking care of mommy.....

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hello everyone,

I posted on a local group that Iwas having some health issues. So, someone connected me who is a health coach and she did a free consultation with me. Some of the things I knew I needed to change, maybe all lol. Anyways, I think I may have been having anxiety attacks (I talked about this in another post briefly), and she suggestion having some "me" time. I just don't know how I'm going to do this. It will mean either hiring a babysitter (which I can't afford), or give up precious sleep time. I have 3 kids, 6, 4 and 2, only my 2 yr old naps, and just for a bit. I'm homeschooling so I like to use some of that time to work on some things that may be difficult to do otherwise. Also, I need to keep the older kids occupied or they will wake up the 2 yr old, and it is during the middle of the day (when they work best). Anyways, I dont' know what to do, just thinking about finding time to destress stresses me out! lol

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandy85412
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I have to get me time during the week or I start to go insane. I don't always get a lot of time. I have 3 kids as well. Is there any one who could watch them cheap or free a friend, family? It is important to get time to breathe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Do you know anyone that can come over and watch them for a few hours?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I like to take a bath when I get all the kids down at night and sometimes pick up a book but that doesn't happen to often.  Normally I just try and go right to bed if possible because I know i will be up in a few hours.  My baby sleeps great but my two yr old still gets up all the time.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:31 PM

At school we have something called DEAR time..drop everything and read.  During your kiddos nap you could have DEAR time and you could veg with a book yourself...or computer time or whatever you want to do to destress.

Are there any local natural parenting groups? if so do they have playdates?  I know my local moms have a playdate once a week and its been so good for the moms to have time with other moms

tansyflower
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

i was going batty until i started splitting wood outside.  i lay the two little ones down for a nap and the older one plays outside while i haul, split and stack wood.  i get to be outside.  i get fresh air.  i get exercise.  it has been like meditation in motion for me.  a solid hour of being able to focus on something other than children.

i know it sounds like a weird way to decompress, but for me it works :)

larissalarie
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM
The 6 & 4 year old should be able to watch themselves (while you're home) so you can take some time "away" to indulge yourself a bit.
Surely you can do this once or twice a week while the two year old naps?

Alternately hire a neighborhood pre teen age girl to be a "mother's helper" once a week or so to watch and play with the kids while you go do something relaxing in the house. This should be pretty inexpensive. My daughter is 13 and would gladly do something like that for even $5 or $10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Agreed! 

Quoting larissalarie: The 6 & 4 year old should be able to watch themselves (while you're home) so you can take some time "away" to indulge yourself a bit. Surely you can do this once or twice a week while the two year old naps?

Alternately hire a neighborhood pre teen age girl to be a "mother's helper" once a week or so to watch and play with the kids while you go do something relaxing in the house. This should be pretty inexpensive. My daughter is 13 and would gladly do something like that for even $5 or $10.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Thanks everyone! These are GREAT ideas! I remember that gardening was one way I relieved stress. Also, having those quiets times to read a book is great, I would have to split the twoolder kids up most likely (which is hard in a one bedroom house) because they tend to goof off together )sometimes even in seperate rooms). Also, I contacted one of my local groups and asked for babysitting swapping. So, one of the moms said she is willing to do that with me.

Mrs.Salz
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Could you do a babysitting swap?

I used to be a mother's helper and would work for $0-5/hr.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Could you do a babysitting swap?

I used to be a mother's helper and would work for $0-5/hr.

I just planned one for this week! :)

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)